Low-calorie alternatives (UK)

Options
Hssh1988
Hssh1988 Posts: 48 Member
I only really go over my allowance on days that I drink!

I find it hard to drink 'better' forms of alcohol, as I only really drink red wine or gin and slimline anyway.
Think part of the urge is to quaff something, so have been looking at low-alcohol wines. They're good, but have only found white and rose so far, and they're nowhere near as satisfying!!

Anyone know where to get low-alcohol reds?

Replies

• sryan921
    sryan921 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hope this helps

http://wine.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Red_Wine_Calories

I read your post wrong. Thought you said low calorie reds. Never heard of low alcohol wines! How about this:

http://www.forbes.com/2009/02/13/restaurant-wine-lists-lifestyle-wine_0213_low_alcohol_wine_slide_3.html
  • clairereds
    clairereds Posts: 23
    Options
    Have pretty much had every diet sabotaged by drinking poorly. My tips. Give up wine it is totally evil for those of us on diets. (this make me a sad panda as I love wine). But now wine is a special treat if I have earnt it through exercise. I have swapped to gin and slimline tonic in a tall glass with lots of ice and a slice of lime or lemon. Ive actually started to prefer it over the demon calorific wine. For each long glass its only around 56 cals in your use a single measure (and it must be a single measure!).
  • bixa
    bixa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Most of my weight loss goals are dashed from drinking. I've been attempting to drink less beer (failed lately) and more vodka and gin. One of my favorite drinks is lemon/lime sparkling water (like perrier, or la croix, etc) with lots of ice, potentially a lime, and a shot of lemon/lime vodka (I like Smirnoff Citron, as it's cheap and tastes fine). This is roughly 70 calories. I also LOVE gin. However, I don't really care for tonic that much, so I pretty much do the same as the previous drink, but with gin.

When drinking beer, or going to a party, I bring a couple cans of sparkling water or a bottle of perrier. The carbonation, and can, gives me the feeling of drinking, but no calories or alcohol (which prevents you from becoming a drunken dumbass/ultra hungover). I'll have a beer or two, then have some sparkling water, and repeat.
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I concur with this 100%. When I do it, it works. If I don't do this, I drink beer til I am happy and that means Happy and Fat. So not happy.
  • icklekimmy
    icklekimmy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am at the mercy of the three drink rule, i have more than three then I am staying out till the pubs closing! I really dislike the taste of gin and vodka turns me into a psycho so any other suggestions would be great. I like a nice rose, the low calorie weight watchers version if vile :(
  • Hssh1988
    Hssh1988 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Bixa- sparkling water idea sounds good :)