Week of July 16th Challenge!

Options
lissa0040
lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
Hi Everyone!

:smile: Let's have a ground hog's day kind of repeat week! We all floundered last week due to busy-ness, injury and illness. SO let's do last week's challenge again! We can do it!:smile:

Welcome to all of the new people! It is a new week so let's start a new challenge. We had slowed things down the past couple of weeks to see if we could get participation up and it's working! Activity on the board is starting to pick back up! Don't forget to check out the "new to the workout" section.

This week the goal is to get in 16 miles of cardio! You can walk/jog/run (if you bike just count minutes like the classes) If 16 miles is too much and you are just starting out try for 8 miles. Those of you who love your classes (zumba etc.) let's shoot for 240 minutes of exercise -- That's 60 minutes of exercise 4 times a week or 4 one hour classes.

New to the workout: 50 sets of 21's-- you can use a barbell, dumbells, kettle bells, or exercise band see an example at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BszoX2CJhFI

Also new!!! *** Bonus!! Stay in the green for your food log 6 days this week and earn a bonus flower on the leader board!***

*** if you finished the goals but didn't check back in time -- remember that I collect data on Sunday night turn in your results to be included on the leader board ***

*** I am NOT a doctor consult a physician for clearance if you need to do so! ****

Replies

• sarita66
    sarita66 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hey, I got my exercise and 6 out of 7 green days! I want my bonus flower...lol!
  • gpmominoh
    gpmominoh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the do-over. I needed it. I had to get kids ready for summer camp and missed 2 workouts.
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hey, I got my exercise and 6 out of 7 green days! I want my bonus flower...lol!

Congratulations to:

Sarita! :flowerforyou:

Awesome job! :smile:
  • sarita66
    Options
    Thank you Melissa :wink:
    I worked hard for that bonus flower! If I can't have a hot fudge sundae then I want flowers even if they are only cyber flowers...lol!

I have turned to swimming laps and water aerobics because it is so darn hot. 95*for us New Englanders is too much. I have lapped 138 minutes of pool workouts and it is only Wednesday.

I hope everyone is having a good week.

Stay cool!
  • sarita66
    Options
    Ok, so I did not earn the flower bonus this week. :cry: Yes to the exercise challenge. :smile: I really need to focus on my eating plan and portion control. I hope everyone had a good week.