Ahhhhh!!!!!!

Options
MrsKosal
MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
I am in a slump today and just not feeling it. I did the reset for 6 weeks instead of the 4 I originally planned on doing it. I did end up going over TDEE on some days.

I was going to CUT last week and just had a really hard time cutting back 10%, which I never thought would be the case.

Trying again this week, and starting to really see what food items I need to eliminate to get there. As well as planning better meals for dinner that we'll actually eat which will eliminate eating out unexpectadly and having to eat more cals than planned.

I'm also doing NROLFW and loving that! But....haven't been on a cardio plan since starting and I am almost done with Phase 1. I used to love cardio classes, but I miss them now with my work schedule and there are no good classes in the evening with cardio that won't put me past 800-900 cal burns, like Bootcamp. Ok once in awhile, but not every cardio day.

And.....my old fat clothes are starting to get tight, even though in some areas I am losing.

I'm about to start my period and just feeling like a failure and blubbering mess!

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I totally know how you're feeling. I have been feeling the same way. And I only ate at TDEE for a week, and I feel like there are no foods that I want to eliminate to get back to cut. Today was my first day after diet break and it was hard (and I get 300 nursing cals on top of that, so when I lose those 300 it's going to really suck).
  • MrsKosal
    Options
    Sometimes I wish I would have never started this. I think eating all those calories got me to a point where I feel like I am the "old me" that was unhealthy and ate poorly. I just don't know. I know that I refuse to eat VLC again, so I need to just quit complaining and get on track.
  • meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    Options
    I have been starving all day and am looking at the prospect of eating more than I do, since I'm on my 15% cut. I haven't had TOM since stopping my BC in May, and I think maybe it's around the corner, because I haven't felt like eating SO much since I was on a 1200 calorie diet. And I think I started NROLFW around the same time you did, and my pants have not gotten any larger either. I can definitely see more tone in my legs and belly area, but it has not translated to any smaller sizes. Good luck getting back on track. I'm hoping the way I'm feeling is just hormones!
  • terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I sort of accidentally ate a cut a couple of days and just figured I'd stick with it a week early. Definitely blew it today . . . I've gotten too used to having two snacks and three meals. I'm hoping just trimming my portions down a bit will help. I can't seem to cut snacks, it messes with my macros too much because it usually involves a protein shake. I'm going to move back to the low fat or fat free versions of stuff, but this is hard! Glad I'm not alone! Weigh in tomorrow after 4 days of cut . . . my fingers are crossed!
  • MrsKosal
    Options
    I'm about to start TOM too, so it could be the cause of the emotions too! LOL
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    TOM brings serious emotions. I realize I feel the most down on myself during that time frame.

Regarding cardio, since you are cutting now, it is time to bump the cardio a little. Maybe incorporate a couple HIIT sessions on the treadmill or ellip...try a zumba class...or take one of your classes but you tone it down a little.

I am doing a bit more cardio since I started cut. Be patient you are doing so well!

Lucia
  • MrsKosal
    Options
    Thank you! After doing my lifting tonight I already feel better. I've gotten so much stronger!