elisemo
elisemo Posts: 1 Member
Heyo friends!!

Any other tall girls looking to lose a bit? 5'11" and looking to lose ~25-30

Replies

• kogloff
    kogloff Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey! I'm not quite as tall as you (I'm in between 5'9"-5'10") and I'm looking to lose my last 5-7lbs! It's so stubborn! My fat sits mainly around my tummy and I have a fairly straight figure so having this bit of a belly is driving my bonkers. Have you just started losing weight or have you been at it for a while now?
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I'm 5'9 1/2" and working on losing those last 5-7 pounds (I've lost 9 so far). They seem to sit in certain spots and not go away! It's made more frustrating by the fact that I have hypothyroidism AND I have tendinitis in both feet as well as a partially torn ACL. But I keep trucking along....
  • pinkthin2
    pinkthin2 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm not as tall but I have about 5-7 pounds I'd like to loose. Im 5'8 and 143. I'd like to just lower my bf% and I think the only way I can break below 20% is by cutting for awhile and more precisely track my foods.. But I would definitely recommend you lift weights!
  • i_miss_donuts
    i_miss_donuts Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies - I am 5'9 and 136. I have been on MFP and working my buns off and trying to eat pretty clean and high protein since February. Loss to date - 3 lbs. SLOWWWWWW...... :( Although my loss is painfully slow, I have managed to reduce my body fat a few percentage points (3% BF lost if measurements are to be believed) and am adding muscle so I am definitely looking more cut. Goal is to be around 18%BF with defined muscles in arms, legs and bootie. I have defined ab muscles but am still trying to lose a few more lbs of fat to get rid of the nice little band o'fat that hangs out in my lower back and reshape my butt. Currently doing P90x and eating around 1600 calories per day.

Add me if you are in the same boat!
  • Shatz2000
    Shatz2000 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey, everybody! I am 6 feet tall and I weigh about 150 lbs. I've tried to exercise and eat right on my own, but I can't stay motivated on my own. Feel free to add me if you want to.
  • Im 5' 8'' looking to lose 10 lbs before school starts!
  • EmIsabel
    EmIsabel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    5'9" Here and 155 pounds. I lost 7 pounds since I've come back on MFP in May. (I think It was may.) Well I joined in December. Anyhow, I'm looking to tone up and lower my body fat %. I'm on and off eating clean.. So i have to work on that too!! I would like to really be happy in my bikini before end of summer. (My birthday would be an alright goal i suppose) End of august.
  • shell561
    shell561 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm around 5'10"and I want to get to 123-125. I always end up going back to 132.. I'm trying to get toned and lose a little lower belly fat and tone my legs..
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    5'8" here. Starting weight was 165 (two kids), current weight 151.5, goal weight is 145. So close!!
  • raccoon182
    raccoon182 Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and I find stretching harder due to always getting cramps, and I honestly think it's due to my height. Yes, I should stretch more, but I never had these problems when I was shorter. And I doubt it's growing pain because if I get any taller than this I'm going to go insane. :ohwell: My weight goal is kind of wack but it's for a purpose and I think i can reach it with time. :smile:
  • Camilletherealdeal
    Camilletherealdeal Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and I find stretching harder due to always getting cramps, and I honestly think it's due to my height. Yes, I should stretch more, but I never had these problems when I was shorter. And I doubt it's growing pain because if I get any taller than this I'm going to go insane. :ohwell: My weight goal is kind of wack but it's for a purpose and I think i can reach it with time. :smile:

Stretching is super important, especially after you work out. The more you don't stretch, the higher your risk for injury, and cramps are no fun either. I have to force myself to, but stretching after running has helped my back, knee, and even feet pain. My feet used to cramp really bad during and after running, but since I've been stretching they feel much better. Good luck with your goals!