Need Workout Clothes?

Options
darkling_glory
darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
So, when I first started c25k, I was running in whatever junky clothes I had around. That included cotton yoga pants and t-shirts.

Well, it's gotten to be ridiculously hot and humid out and running in yoga pants was not cutting it. I found some shorts on clearance at Kohl's, but that was kind of a fluke.

Yesterday, I found the mecca of workout clothes (at least for ladies). My friends? Get your butts over to TJ MAXX!

They had Tapout, UnderArmor, Nike, Adidas! All sorts of stuff. I got a pair of nice shorts for 7.99 and a Tapout dry-fit shirt for 12.99.

GO! GO! We can look stylish and run at the same time! Without breaking the bank!

YAY!

Replies

• JIGGLYbellyPUFF
    JIGGLYbellyPUFF Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    OH! That reminds me! Sears has Ladies Everlast running shorts on sale too! Those super light ones with the built in briefs. I got some for $7.50 on the 4th of July. Totally cute colors!

I'll check out TJ MAXX, thanks!
  • darkling_glory
    Options
    Haha! I love your username and pic!
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I've been buying Danskin Now dri more clothes at Wal-mart for $5 a shirt or shorts. Are Everlast and Tapout better?

When I first started I was running in whatever t-shirt I could find (even my husbands lol). Now they are just too heavy and I'm spoiled on the moisture wicking clothes lol. Plus I realized how much I was hiding in big clothes :)
  • darkling_glory
    Options
    I've been buying Danskin Now dri more clothes at Wal-mart for $5 a shirt or shorts. Are Everlast and Tapout better?

When I first started I was running in whatever t-shirt I could find (even my husbands lol). Now they are just too heavy and I'm spoiled on the moisture wicking clothes lol. Plus I realized how much I was hiding in big clothes :)

Oh, I don't know if they are better. Just that they are usually super $$$$ and I got them for $. Hee!

And I totally understand about the big clothes thing. Running in one of my hubby's t-shirts is no fun now that I know I can look a little nicer AND feel better about myself while I'm working on my running.
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I bought my have running skirt at TJ's...it's black and ALL ruffles :)
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Does TJ Maxx carry plus sizes? I just ordered a slew from Old Navy in 2X, and paid too much (although was better with free shipping and a 20% off coupon). Also started running in t-shirts and just cotton shorts, and have now graduated to compression shorts and tanks/dri-fit style t-shirts. How do you like the running skirts? Reebok makes a cute one - but I can't help but think it wouldn't be comfortable to run in.. maybe other sports...
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    For those in the UK, Sports Direct (stores and online) is good. A bit of jumble sale with too many clothes on the racks, but I picked up some Adidas running tights for £25 and a couple of Nike T-shirts for a tenner each. They didn't have them in stock when I went but I believe they sometimes have cheap Karrimor running tights too (with a drawstring so you can tighten them as you lose a few inches!).

I also bought a Muddy Fox waterproof jacket for about £20 - a bit sturdier than the running waterproofs; good for the horrible British summer we are having!

I also got my running shoes (Asics Kayano reduced from £120 to £80) there after a disastrous visit to Sweatshop (they sold me completely the wrong type of shoe for my feet and gait, a minimalist shoe despite me having major overpronation, which left me in a lot of pain. So I got a refund and went to Sports Direct and tried on every shoe they had till I found one that felt right - sometimes no matter how much 'expert' advice you get you can't beat trying every pair on and running up and down the shop).
  • JIGGLYbellyPUFF
    JIGGLYbellyPUFF Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Haha! I love your username and pic!

Thanks! Your pic is cute aswell! I love doggies!
  • brasskim
    brasskim Posts: 39
    Options

If the Danskin work for you, keep using them.

I love my Nike DriFit tshirts. I have two ProFit tanks from TJMaxx and like those also but Nike DriFit still beats anything I have.

If your'e looking for some great shorts or skort, although they are a bit spendy, check out Athleta's Presto shorts and Contender skort. The skort is awesome and perfect for going commando ;)
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    If you're anywhere that has a Shopko, they're having buy one get one free Energy Zone stuff. I got a stay-dri tank and running shorts (the kinds with the built in undies) and LOVE them. Wore them this morning. Highly recommended! I now have 4 of their stay-dri tanks and they're awesome!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Does TJ Maxx carry plus sizes? I just ordered a slew from Old Navy in 2X, and paid too much (although was better with free shipping and a 20% off coupon). Also started running in t-shirts and just cotton shorts, and have now graduated to compression shorts and tanks/dri-fit style t-shirts. How do you like the running skirts? Reebok makes a cute one - but I can't help but think it wouldn't be comfortable to run in.. maybe other sports...

I have a running skirt and I love it. Mostly because my shorts always ride up between my thighs and the skirt part hides that.