How important are the macros?

Options
How important are the macros? Are they just to guide you to making more fulfilling choices with your food? Or if you ignored them, and stuck to you TDEE cut calories - would you gain / STS compared to using them, sticking to calories?

Replies

• MeganKate24
    MeganKate24 Posts: 110
    Options
    bumpy bump
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    Macro's are important because they are a guide to your healthy eating, you shouldn't get most of your calories from one source, but a variety of them all to fully feed your body... The important macro when doing strength training and trying to lose is protein, you get that number up and normally the carb and fat will fall into line where you want them, with fat normally being the lowest of your macro's.
  • MeganKate24
    MeganKate24 Posts: 110
    Options
    I'm struggling to meet my fat macro the most.

I've just about managed to plan to get around my protein and fibre goal, but carbs is always in - figure but try to limit by how much.

Fat on the other head! Ongoing battle to meet it - always under.
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Nuts!
    Good protein source and many other nutrients bu they come with fat too.
    If you need more fat I would recommend some nuts every day, they are th healthy fats too.
    Avocados too.:smile:
  • SurroDoula
    SurroDoula Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If you eat Greek yogurt, you could opt for the full fat versions vs. the fat free ones.
  • CharliesAngel1
    CharliesAngel1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm all about nuts and avocados to get in those healthy fats! I love dipping celery sticks in guacamole for a yummy snack.