Any suggestions for fats?

Options
pstansel74
pstansel74 Posts: 130 Member
I am trying to keep the 40/30/30 ratio but the one I have the most problem with ironically is fat ;) I don't like salad dressings. I don't eat mayo or cheese (hate it). I occasionally cook with some olive oil but that's not enough. I will eat an avacado from time to time... but I really need something new! Ideas?

Replies

• MeganKate24
    MeganKate24 Posts: 110
    Options
    Thats ironic as I'm having exactly the same problem!

The only real place I get a huge amount from is chocolate! Looking forward to seeing what responses you get.
  • MeganKate24
    Options
    Oh and the biggest fat user I've found is nuts!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Nuts. Nut butters. Coconut oil.

I have the opposite problem from you. I constantly need to scale it back!
  • MeganKate24
    Options
    Peanut butter perhaps?!
  • pstansel74
    Options
    Yeah nuts work, and I should have mentioned I do like coconut oil sometimes too :)
  • dzinergrl18
    dzinergrl18 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I add a half tablespoon of coconut oil to my protein shake, just to get some healthy fat in. I also use it in place of butter on my steamed veggies or when sautéing. I used to spray my pan with Pam before cooking up ground beef or eggs, now I use coconut oil. The best part is my hubby has no idea! I used it on roasted potatoes in place of olive oil (melted in microwave for couple seconds first) and he said they were the best ones I've ever made (I make them a lot!)...and he HATES coconut:wink: Makes me laugh!
    Hope that helps
  • Settuccini
    Settuccini Posts: 44
    Options
    Chia seeds, flaxseed, nuts, avocado, eggs, oils, red meats, coconut, milk.
  • pstansel74
    Options
    On the coconut oil to the protein shake, do you melt it first? Mine comes solidified.
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Yep, you melt it first. Melts super easy, in the summer my kitchen hovers around 80° and my coconut oil is pretty much liquid in the jar all summer long. :flowerforyou:
  • dzinergrl18
    dzinergrl18 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    On the coconut oil to the protein shake, do you melt it first? Mine comes solidified.

Duh, never thought to melt it first! I just throw it in and mix. It's never been funny tasting or anything so I don't think it really matters. But I'll probably start doing that!
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I find salami helps with my fat and protein levels!