cravings...

Options
KelliJ49047
KelliJ49047 Posts: 14 Member
What do you do when a craving hits... do you give in... or do you substitute something else... I decided to put chocolate on hold... only after a co-worker gave me a bag of white dove candies... 6 in a serving... and 6 servings in a bag... 36 pieces of candie in a bag... I ate all but 4-pieces...at 38.38 calories a piece... a total of...1228 calories that I ate... I have not touched chocolate since... and the co-workernow kno I found this site and I have been totally empowered by it...

Have any of you had any 'oh crap...did I just eat that moments...

Replies

• cass678910
    cass678910 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Been there! It's getting to be "that time of the month" and I ate about half a bag of ghiradelli chocolate chips..sucked to log that!
  • KelliJ49047
    Options
    Understand... at least my downfall was way before I started on MFP...
  • mageekesh
    mageekesh Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    me sprite.... but since i started i had to back away i know that was my down fall but now I am into boiled sweet corn lol
  • cass678910
    cass678910 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Understand... at least my downfall was way before I started on MFP...

....mine was yesterday...ugh.
  • laurajean2
    laurajean2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    mine was 2 days in a row. i love chocolate and chips. what i staring today is to put chocolate kisses in the freezer. so when the kids go to bed i can enjoy one piece of chocolate and rest at the same time.
  • NdigoBlue
    NdigoBlue Posts: 37
    Options
    I find myself giving in but in moderation. Recently bought sugar free white chocolate almond bars and they were delicious and made it my nightly treat. But I only ate one square at a time and it was just enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. Too bad they are all gone now but it was so goooood while it lasted. Treat yourself to whatever it is your craving but cut the portion in half or even a quarter.
  • tremilla
    tremilla Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Candy and chips. I give in every once in a while, but I make sure not to overdo it
  • greeneyedchick1986
    Options
    I have a major problem with BREAD! It seems like I have to have Bread with EVERY meal. Toast for Breakfast, Hot dogs, or hamburgers, or even garlic bread with speghetti. Do any of you have some tips on how I can lower my intake or substitute or something. I am sure this will have a massive impact on my weight loss. I am new to this site :) If any of you are around the weight of 260 and are trying to lose weight. Please add me.
  • jlophillips
    jlophillips Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    For the bread, try substituting deli thins or bagel thins...that may help, or try a sandwhich with only half the amount of bread, like 1 piece for the sandwhich or just the bottom of the hamburger bun. It's hard, I know. or maybe try a low carb wrap for your sandwhiches.
  • jlophillips
    jlophillips Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have too many cravings to name :)....but for chocolate I started keeping a bag of dove dark chocloate candies in my fridge. I allow myself 1-2 a day, it doesn't kill my calorie count and I feel like I am not depriving myself. For chips, I eat reduced fat cape cod potato chips which are salty and I get a lot of crunch from them. It's taken me awhile to get to this "everything in moderation" point. And trust me I still have my days.....but when I do have a craving I drink a tall glass of water first before allowing myself to give in, and when i do, I eat one serving at a time, so I take one serving of chips and put the bag back, I try to make it more work to get up and get the food. The important thing is to just keep logging your food when you do slip up. I think that's the most powerful tool!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    There are lots of great "snack" items you should try to keep handy for those times of craving.

I like having sugar free jello and pudding on hand when I can remember to make them.

Popsicle brand "no sugar added" fudgesicles (40 calories) and Sugar Free popsicles (15 calories) are great. The grape is completely obvious that it is sugar free but the cherry and orange are AWESOME!!
    Other healthy snack items:
    string cheese
    mini cliff bar
    celery with PB on them
    granola bar
    kashi brand "trail mix" cookie
    green tea

Lots of great websites out there too that have healthy treat recipes:

skinnytaste.com
    chocolatecoveredkate.com
    sparkpeople

Now, keep in mind, healthy doesnt always mean low calorie, but its usually got more vitamins, or more protein or more fiber which are all things your body needs anyways. And still better for you overall than the crap way we used to eat, right?

I would rather see you over on calories eating healthy snacks than see you sacrifice most of a days worth of calories on junk food and not eat much the rest of the day so you still make your calorie goal.
  • krystinaestabrooks
    Options
    I totally crave Twizzlers - I can hardly stand it with all of the Spiderman commercials that have him shooting Twizzlers to make webs.
  • mageekesh
    mageekesh Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I know that commercial that must be hard for you lol
    I totally crave Twizzlers - I can hardly stand it with all of the Spiderman commercials that have him shooting Twizzlers to make webs.
  • KelliJ49047
    Options
    The cravings seem to subside though... it has been 7 days since the chocolate overdose... I haven't had any since... I have decided that I really don't need it... that what I want isn't in a chocolate wrapper... I am what I want... and that is 68 pounds lighter...