Replies

• RevertMuslimah
    Options
    Inshallah may allah give us strength and energy for us to achieve our goals

Ameen
  • hunny73
    hunny73 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Asalamualaikum!! MA we seem to have a nice little group going here. I look for to exchanging notes and tips over Ramadan Insh! I had a quick look at the "productive Muslim" website and think its great. I just wish I had seen it sooner. When does everyone start fasting and how long are they going to be. Here n London my local mosque may start thursday or Friday with the fast beginning at 1.41am!!! , ending at 9.08pm!!! And isha and tarawee at 10.45! It's going to be eating on work days. May the Almighty give us all strength for lots of Ibaadah.
  • FR89
    FR89 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    AA!! Here in the UK fasting will be from about 3am to 9pm!! Last year i tried to avoid fried foods at iftar. Although i wasn't successful throughout the 30 days. I aimed to have plenty of water and fruit followed by a main meal instead of lots snacks for iftar and forced myself to have a breakfast at sahoor. As for exercise, i managed the treadmill a couple of times just before iftar If i had energy. I hope we can get a good group together this year!! Would be great to see the different health and fitness regimes during Ramadan.

Thats a good way to go.. fruit and water at iftari.. Namaz break and then a simple yet delicious meal =) cut out the fatty stuff.. I am planning on doing little bit of exercise before iftari, so was wondering how it was like for you? Did you lose any weight or gained?My 1st Ramadan on here and normally i dont check or feel a difference in me - i feel i stay same.. but i will monitor my eating habits and exercise this year to see what happens! ps. im in the UK too.
  • sahrak1
    sahrak1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Salaam everyone , this will be the1st ramadan where i dont just go crazy and eat every thing in sight at iftar , looking forward to getting some goods tip from everyone xx

W'salaam