Who thought this up?????

Options
I just finished day 1. I am now in the realization that I am seriously out of shape!!!! I only tracked about 30min of the workout as I didn't do it all, I was checking the carpet for left over freshner with my face....I only did a couple of each workout, then spent the rest of the time praying for oxygen.

I did do 30 minutes on my elliptical before hand, I thought I might use that to help me warm up.....yea, I didn't need to. I did complete the warm up and I don't think I've ever sweated so much during a warm up....ever. I was very surprised when he said "ok you guys, are you readyyyyyy to goooooooo?" I was like....oh crap, go where? And then he took me to a place that I had never been before....INSANITY! How in the world did those people finish every single exercise is beyond me....but I do want to be like them when I grow up.

Oh and this may be a little TMI for some....but for some of you "older' women who've had children...you might want to put a pantyliner on....because jumping jacks and all the jumps tries those kegal exercises you're supposed to do......just a heads up.

Good luck you guys!! I'm here for ya!!

Replies

• pdknight8185
    pdknight8185 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    LOL you totally made me smile. I know the whole workout is insane probably why its called INSANITY. The first day I did the "warmups" I was like ok then he says ok here we go and I was like you. I laid on the floor for a good ten minutes after the workout about to cry. Thinking I was dying. And oh yea all the jumping coming from someone with three children totally not pretty!!!
  • third_time_lucky
    third_time_lucky Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    wow i just done my first fit test too, im shaking haha

i dont think my results are good at all but the other half pointed out im only working against myself, hopefully ill be able to fake a smile like "the machine" at the end after day 60 lmao

:D
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Your post made me laugh and want to press "Leave Group" at the same time...lol....oh my!
  • brittneyburger
    brittneyburger Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i just did the fit test. i was tired after the stinking warm up lol but i pushed myself and finished it. i may not have had the best form for everything but i did my best!! :] i looked at what i was going to have to do tomorrow and cried inside haha keep pushing yourself guys!! we can do this!!! :]
  • pdknight8185
    pdknight8185 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Don't do that!!!! lol
  • heduell
    heduell Posts: 13
    Options
    "If the journey is too easy, then the rewards is not worth having!"
  • bbaker172
    bbaker172 Posts: 93
    Options
    I was just trying to talk myself out of doing day 2 as it's 90 degrees outside at 9:27am. I don't want to overheat at work today, so I was going to go for a swim instead.

I can't listen to the voice in my head!!!! So, I will go do my day 2 of Insanity and then dive in the pool in my workout clothes!!!! That should cool me down!!!
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Today I do my day 1. I am excited and scared haha! Not sure what time of the day is the best for this. I was going to do it on my lunch break but after reading the above comments I suppose there is a chance I might not make it back for work lol!
  • bbaker172
    Options
    yea...don't do it if you have to go back to work...you will not look like you did when you left work as you will definitely need a shower!
  • stephanieb72
    Options
    Luckily I work from home so nobody would see (smell) me hahaha! I want to do it before anybody gets home. I don't need witnesses to the cussing and flailing about in the living room :)
  • bbaker172
    Options
    HAHAHAHA!!!! Amen to that!!!! Then I would do it during the lunch break as there will be a lot of "what the *^ck?? Are you *(cking kidding me" coming out of you.....
  • stephanieb72
    Options
    Yes, I probably would have said a few things just like that had I been able to actually speak without barfing! There is a fine line between digger deeper and digging a grave for me..........
  • djjuel
    djjuel Posts: 4
    Options
    The workouts are definately brutal. I started up again on Monday for the 4th time! I wonder when I will get through the warm up without stopping to catch my breath. I still forget to engage my core, not even sure I do that correctly...but I can say that when I started I couldn't do not one push up and now I can do 10 :tongue:

Everyday that voice in my head thinks up a million excuses to not work out, but I have to ignore it!!! lol
  • Embarnhill
    Embarnhill Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    just finished day 3! yay me...i so almost talked myself out of it because i literally had to stand and stretch a little before i could even walk when i got out of bed this morning. so looking forward to recovery tomorrow. good job guys...im so happy to have a support group :)
  • nikig7
    Options
    I did the fitness test tonight! YAY!!! . I really want to email Shaun T and suggest that he change the name from "Fitness Test" to "MORTALITY test" :grumble: And then I sat and looked at the entire Day 1 workout....errr....:noway:

I didnt' do fantastic on the test but here are my results

Switch kicks - 82 (don't get excited...it only goes downhill from here...:ohwell: )
    Power jacks - 42
    Power knees - 74
    Power jumps - 20
    Globe jumps (is this man serious?!?!?) - 5 :ohwell:
    Suicide jumps - 7 (this should be seen in a good light...suicide is a BAD thing :indifferent: )
    Push up jacks - :indifferent:
    Low plank obliques - 14

So...there they are...I really want to push through and do the Day 1 workout tomorrow morning...oh my!!! Just trying to remember that I jus need to pace myself and do what i can...and that it will get better...it will...wouldn't it? :frown:
  • bbaker172
    Options
    Day 1 isn't like the fit test....you'll be ok!! We're here for ya!
  • nikig7
    Options
    Did Day 1 this morning (and I use the word "did" very loosely :ohwell: )...my word! That's all I can say...It is HAARRRDDD....i rested quite a bit in between but still managed to have sweat dripping all over me....I need to start telling my mind from now to please push through and do tomorrow's workout...:sad:
  • bbaker172
    Options
    Did Day 1 this morning (and I use the word "did" very loosely :ohwell: )...my word! That's all I can say...It is HAARRRDDD....i rested quite a bit in between but still managed to have sweat dripping all over me....I need to start telling my mind from now to please push through and do tomorrow's workout...:sad:
    Ohhhhh you're going to do this...we are here with ya sister!!! I'm on day 4 and it's "pure cardio" today.....I am dreading it, but I know the end result will be well worth the pain!
    Don't let that little voice in your head telling you that you can't do this, discourage you. You CAN do this, you WILL do this....and we will all be right behind you cheering you on!!
  • nikig7
    Options
    Ohhhhh you're going to do this...we are here with ya sister!!! I'm on day 4 and it's "pure cardio" today.....I am dreading it, but I know the end result will be well worth the pain!
    Don't let that little voice in your head telling you that you can't do this, discourage you. You CAN do this, you WILL do this....and we will all be right behind you cheering you on!!

Thanks for the motivation...I really appreciate it...I WILL get through tomorrow's workout...and the next day's...and the next...one day at a time!
  • nikig7
    Options
    Day 3 complete! I think Shawn T is playing mind games with us....he calls it Cardio Recovery and then proceeds to take us on a journey of a "different' kind of pain :noway: . The stretches are good though...i'm scared for tomorrow! But...just gotta do it!!!