Hell I am new

Options
:smile: Hello I am Jim, and I am new at this group but also new to Paleo eating. I look forward to sharing and learning from every one.
Check out my blog for my story. Thanks just saw I did not get the "o" on my hello. Do not know how to edit it.

Replies

• spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hi there! You're welcome to add me
  • PaleoMichelle
    Options
    Hi there! Nice to "meet" you! Feel free to add me too.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    hi! =) im pretty new too!
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Hell Jim,

Read your story of your foot problems. My foot problems, I am sure all caused by being overweight, are flat feet, over pronation, bunions, plantar fasciitis, tendinitis in the metatarsals, and an non-healing diabetic foot sore.

The last one really scared me into finally doing something about trying to “cure” my diabetes (Type 2). I have several acquaintances that have had to have their feet/legs amputated because of infection and gangrene.

I went Primal for three months and had my lipids checked which resulted in:

A1C: Acceptable Range 4.6-6.0; Last 6.7; Now 6.1
    Glucose Fasting: Acceptable 60-99; Last 174; Now 108, down 66
    Estimated Average Glucose: Acceptable 85-126; Last 146; Now 128, down 18
    Total Cholesterol: Acceptable <200; Last 163; Now 154, down 9
    HDL: Acceptable >40, Last 38; Now 48, up 10
    LDL: Acceptable <100; Last 70; Now 86, up 16
    Triglycerides: Acceptable <150; Last 275; now 101, down 174

Unfortunately, I thought I had it down pretty good, and quit logging. I slowly slipped back into SAD eating for about 6 months and gained back most of what I had lost. In June, I went back to Primal, hopefully to stay. I joined a gym, have a personal trainer, and now do cardio five days a week and heavy weights 2 days a week.

I’ve been a fat *kitten* most of my adult life (I’m 67) and have tried almost every fad diet as well as WW and JC which are all temporary. With Primal, I have changed my lifestyle, and have seen very positive results. To me this is sustainable while everything else I tried has failed.

You live just south of me so I know you have access to the best fresh seasonal fruits and veggies in the world. We are also getting more producers of natural meats.

Add me if you would like, but only for interaction. I don’t collect avatars of “friends” that don’t talk.
  • Knoxvilla5
    Knoxvilla5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    God to see someone talking about lifestyle and sustainability!

I just joined this group and am making the transition into a Primal lifestyle gradually but resolvedly.

Feel free to friend a 31-year old if you're up to it!
  • Cbwade
    Cbwade Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me as well as I need help and motivation. I lost 25 pounds in the fall from doing a variation of paleo, but fell off of the wagon. I am getting back on, but doing more primal. I feel the dairy component may make it easier for me. I don't eat much dairy, but being restricted in that area made me feel deprived. Tomorrow I am going grocery shopping the primal way!!! Thakn God my husband is on board!!