Transitioning between W3 and W4?

Options
lovekohl
lovekohl Posts: 111 Member
Did anyone else find the jump from week 3 to week 4 a little abrupt? Week 2 and week 3 workout all have a combined total of 9 minutes of running. The week 4 workouts have 16 minutes of running. Did anyone adjust the first workout in week 4 to be a little less demanding?

Replies

• MsBrdlv
    MsBrdlv Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I had problems with W4D1, I think mostly due to not hydrating enough throughout the day. As a result I went back and repeated week 3, focusing on drinking more water every day. Just moved on to W4D2 this morning.................and I felt great! I even jogged for an extra minute at the end. Your body will adjust to the time.............hard to believe I was struggling to make it through 60 seconds on week one, and now I am running for 5 minute stretches!! Such a GREAT feeling!
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I am about to hop on the treadmill to begin Day 1 of Week 4. I am a little intimidated of the 5 minute portions of running.
  • AndreaPool
    AndreaPool Posts: 45
    Options
    I just finished W4D1 this morning and have to admit I found it pretty challenging...
    The last day of week 3 I added a few minutes of running to the last 'run section' and felt invincible... This morning however, I felt like I wasn't as prepared as I thought I would be.
    I made it though, and totally believe all of you can do it too :)! I never thought it would be possible for me to run for 5 minutes straight (let alone 2x5 minutes within a few minutes of each other)...
    So good luck to all of you on the rest of this program! You can do it!!
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I made it although I had to hold onto the treadmill for the last part of the final 5 minutes. I think I may have to take a little longer on this week than usual because I am definitely feeling challenged on the last half of the program.
  • classictoaster
    Options
    The first time I tried this program at the beginning of the year, I felt the same way. I actually quit after w4d3, because I looked at Week 5 and thought, "NOPE".

When I tried it again this time around, I mentally prepared myself and sloooowwwwwed dooooowwwwwn. The program is good - trust the program. I'm now on W6 and have had no issues so far. I say try W4D1 as is - abandon the "modification" mindset for D1 and just see how it goes. If it's too challenging, you can always bail out and do another day of W3. W4 is a perfect precedent to W5, so I guess I feel like modification here will continue to beg for modification later.
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger :happy:

Seriously, I recall that I did repeat a day in this week - it is a bit harder. Have a go, see what you think, and if you more or less do W4D1, then do W4D2.

I found C25K hard - but what I didn't want to do was endlessly repeat weeks making sure I could run every step at a certain pace before moving to the next week. Doing OK is good enough. I can run a 5K in under 24 and a half minutes now. It's not a world record (!) but if you keep going and keep pushing, it's AMAZING what you can do!
  • lanzaroteblue
    lanzaroteblue Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm on W8D2 and to be honest - I've found every week to be
    difficult. BUT keep pushing (sometimes it helps to go really
    slow and focus on just being able to run for the allotted time).
    As I was told "Trust the programme" and just try and push
    through.
    Good luck and keep running
    Nicola xxx