Has this challenge changed how you feel about yourself?

Options
beckyschanging
beckyschanging Posts: 22 Member
I have noticed that since I started SLIMpossible I will not sleep well unless I have worked out. I have started drinking less wine and beer and I don't miss it. I get anxious if I can't get outside to walk. I am actually motivated to do the hard work. I have lost only a tiny bit (2 pounds) since we started but I feel better about me and my ability to be successful!

Thanks Reecie. You have made a difference in my life by starting this challenge. It sounded doable and non-threatening. PERFECT!

Looking forward to hearing about other's changes taking place in mind, body and being!

Replies

• shelldes
    shelldes Posts: 7
    Options
    My summer shorts went on a little easier today- so excited now!
    :smile:
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I feel stronger.
    And not just physically from wearing the 8lb vest this week.

I just wish I could do the same distance in less time. But I seem to enjoy the walk instead of pushing my speed.
    And when I do concentrate on speed, I actually end up slower. Whatever.

Just happy I'm sticking with it so far.
    Thanks for the challenge!
  • reecie1034
    reecie1034 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that since I started SLIMpossible I will not sleep well unless I have worked out. I have started drinking less wine and beer and I don't miss it. I get anxious if I can't get outside to walk. I am actually motivated to do the hard work. I have lost only a tiny bit (2 pounds) since we started but I feel better about me and my ability to be successful!

Thanks Reecie. You have made a difference in my life by starting this challenge. It sounded doable and non-threatening. PERFECT!

Looking forward to hearing about other's changes taking place in mind, body and being!
    ONLY A TINY BIT.... Girl, 2lbs is significant especially considering thay you are probably building muscles.in your legs and butt from.the walking.... WAY TO GO!!!!
    I also have experience the therapeutic effects of walking.... I also experience WAY more anxiety in my day when I do not walk, and it seems like I allow things to get under my skin easier when I haven't have worked out.... Also, I hve been on presvription sleeping pills for years because I have trouble staying to sleep at night, but since I have been walking I have been able to fall asleep faster w/o my meds (still having trouble STAYING asleep, but my 1st few hrs are much better than before). Finally, walking has caused me to consume much more water than NORMAL... Which aides in curbing my apetite...
  • reecie1034
    reecie1034 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Excuse all the typos in my last mssg.... But I appreciate everyone that has been sticking ti the Mission at Hand.... Ya'll have been encouraging ME more than ya'll know.... Some days I really just DO NOT feel like doing ANYTHING, But when I come and read ur progress and the excitement behind ya'll post.... I realize.... I have NO excuse... I ALWAYS feel 1,000 times better after I have pushed myself and completed my daily challenge...
    Thanks for the updates and motivations Mission Takers ;-)
  • mom2boys3
    mom2boys3 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have lost 2 pounds since the start of the challenge, as well as 1/4" from both my waist and hips. I am enjoying doing my walks, even though I do them at home. My kids are even learning that they don't get to do what they want (tv, games, Wii) until my workout is finished. My son even told me today that he thinks I am doing really well.
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    My kids are even learning that they don't get to do what they want (tv, games, Wii) until my workout is finished. My son even told me today that he thinks I am doing really well.

That's fantastic!
  • janicemitchellcross
    janicemitchellcross Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I find my daily walk helps keep me focused and clear headed I feel dadful if I miss it My daughter is getting married next Saturday so I need all the help I can get to stay calm
    P.s. its meant to say " dreadful" lol