Dehydration & Hydration, need support

Options
I hv in issue with a mineral embalace and trying to keep hydrated. My nutrion gal said to add a pinch of salt to every 8oz of water I drink.

I hv been doing this for a few days and I feel so much better and my blood pressure isn't so low. However, I am still feeling out of balance. I am taking a mi real supplement as well.

I hv gained water wt and my mind knows it is healthy for me, but I am feeling uncomfort about seeing the increase on the scale. I feel good on one hand and anxious on the other.

Has anyone experienced? Advice, support please!,,

Replies

• vickianne17
    vickianne17 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I drink Kangen alkaline water. It is super-hydrating and I have no problems with dehydration at all. It also has helped with weight loss. I do drink a lot of water every day...about a gallon and don't drink any sodas, coffee, or anything else. I love it!!
  • kimmbird
    kimmbird Posts: 55
    Options
    Hi Vickie, what's the deal about alkaline water? I drink 64-90 oz / 4 lt of water and I am still thirsty, ugh.
  • vickianne17
    vickianne17 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can go to www.alkalinewatertruth.info
    I think the reason that you are still thirsty is that regular water doesn't absorb into the body quickly. I can send you other links to look at too if you want.

I love this water! :-)
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    It could be more than just sodium that is not balanced - there are a few other important electrolytes your body needs.

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/saturated-fat/tips-tricks-for-starting-or-restarting-low-carb-pt-ii/
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    It could be more than just sodium that is not balanced - there are a few other important electrolytes your body needs.

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/saturated-fat/tips-tricks-for-starting-or-restarting-low-carb-pt-ii/

In addition, Im going to also include this:

If you find you are still thirsty despite the amount of water you are claiming to take in, I would highly suggest you seek the advice of your primary care physician or Endocrinologist. Polydipsia, which is abnormal excessive thirst, should be discussed with them. More than likely a fasting blood draw would be taken to get some accurate readings...
  • kimmbird
    kimmbird Posts: 55
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I hv been putting in a pinch of salt in every 8oz I drink which equals to 2-4 liters per day. I am feeling much better and I am only thirsty when its time for my next glass of water. I am also taking a mineral supplement along w my multi vit.