Stuck on weight and so confused!! HELP!

Options
Hi I am a female, 20 years old. At the beginning of my weight loss journey my goal was to lose just ten pounds. I started off at 130, and after 5 weeks, I weighed myself and weighed 125. I was very happy. I weighed myself today expecting for some weight loss but the scale was still on 125! I am so confused.. I have counted my calories every single day. I have changed my cardio routine and do cardio 4-6 days a week. Myfitnesspal suggests that I eat 1200 net calories a day and that's just what I've been doing. I also count everything I eat, and if anything I overestimate my portions so I don't go over. One of my friends says I should "shock" my body and eat as much as I can for a week and then see if I start losing weight again, but I don't want to lose my progress even though its been minimum. I just want to lose those last 5 pounds! If anybody can help that would be great! Thank you

Replies

• imondrugz
    imondrugz Posts: 154
    Options
    Hey i assume you already heard all stories about the more weight you lose the harder it will be !! That is quite true what your experiencing right now is a plateau. Our bodies evolved prefect the capability of storing fat and PROTECTING that it because our survival at that time depended on it!! What really worked for me when i reach that point that my body is just stubborn i do carb cycling.. You kinda trick your body's metabolism to burn those last couple of pounds.. also try doing slightly more intense exercises so if your running for 30 mins make that 40 !! I would use crash diets(shocking your body) as a last resort and if you do make sure you follow the diet exactly if you insist on doing a crash diet read lyle mcdonal's book the ultimate diet 2.0 (psmf diets) and do some research about it.. That's just my advice im no doctor or trainer but i would really recommend you to read about carb cycling and psmf diets and do some research cause they are risky if you don't do them right !!
  • tofuchic27
    Options
    thanks for the response! I googled carb cycling, and i don't know how possible that would be since I'm vegan. Also, I didn't know if maybe I stopped dieting for about a week, and just ate for a week in maintenance of my weight (125) which now that I checked is 1670 calories a day in my fitness pal. Maybe I can do that for a week and then go back to dieting and eating a 1200 calorie diet to drop those last 5 pounds. Do you think this will work?
  • imondrugz
    imondrugz Posts: 154
    Options
    thanks for the response! I googled carb cycling, and i don't know how possible that would be since I'm vegan. Also, I didn't know if maybe I stopped dieting for about a week, and just ate for a week in maintenance of my weight (125) which now that I checked is 1670 calories a day in my fitness pal. Maybe I can do that for a week and then go back to dieting and eating a 1200 calorie diet to drop those last 5 pounds. Do you think this will work?

Honestly if i was in your position i would give it shot !! best way to understand your body is to try so why not :D
  • LetsDoTh1S
    LetsDoTh1S Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Your other option is sprinting 2 days a week, just a bit of HIIT training.

And the other, OTHER option you have to factor in as a girl is hormonal stuff. Anything around ovulation/menstruation has a tendency to cause some serious weight retention/gain for women.