Share your progress/struggles

Options
::flowerforyou:

Replies

• prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    OMG I'm having trouble keeping up with you imondrugz...your ENERGY!!!!

But..the good news on progress is...

I added 60 walking lunges (2 sets of 30) to my AM calisthenics "wakeup" routine (of pushups, sit ups, squats and wall sit) and finished the entire routine quicker than I did it on Wednesday. And...since Wednesday was my first day I said #$%! with the lunges and skipped them..so now, on Day 3 ... I'm already stronger and faster..looks like PX90 will start sooner than I thought....
  • imondrugz
    imondrugz Posts: 154
    Options
    ^ awesome job keep it up and keep us updated :smile:

I ran 6 miles with 20 pounds weights in an hour!! Not happy with the results but it's just a start and my legs where sore from a workout I had a couple of days earlier !!
  • prairiewalker
    Options
    OK I'm pissed because right when I get to a point where my mind and my body are in sync and I'm gaining momentum to FINALLY get myself back on track....LIFE throws a surprise "whamy" at me..... I have to leave town tomorrow!!!!

I'll be on the road driving..(me and my dog) for 10+ hours...and then I'll have to deal with the STUFF and then hopefully I'll be able to return by next weekend with another 10+ hour drive back. I hope, REALLY hope....I am smart enough to maintain my momentum by incorporating exercising and lean, healthy eating while away....

I will try to log on tomorrow AM before leaving so I can get my "5 days in a row" badge... :huh: that I've seen others getting.... see how competitive I can be??????:bigsmile:

And then I will post here again of my PROGRESS....not my STRUGGLES!!!!

Can't wait to see what the rest of you have been successful with!!!!

Keep it going everyone.
  • imondrugz
    Options
    Think of it as a test to show you how strong you are!! My advice either you prepare your meals or if you must eat out eat salads and grilled food!! And still count your calories on MFP app !! Best of luck if u want me to message you my number if you ever needed support or advice while your driving I don't mind *through texting though :D*
  • yankees20ks
    Options
    I'm a little disappointed today...

So far after losing 28lb & about 4in off waist/hips, I assumed I would drop 1-2 pants sizes. But I haven't, still stuck at the same size!!! Still have my stomach fat but I'm losing my *kitten*...which I'm not too thrilled about because I loved my big bOOty lol =[ Not a happy day!!

Anyone go through the same or struggling w/belly fat? I'd describe my body as being kind of "thick" all over...but carry most of my fat in my stomach. I know I have a long road to reaching my long term goal...but just feeling a little discouraged.

Any suggestions?
  • prairiewalker
    Options

So far after losing 28lb & about 4in off waist/hips, I assumed I would drop 1-2 pants sizes. But I haven't, still stuck at the same size!!! Still have my stomach fat but I'm losing my *kitten*...which I'm not too thrilled about because I loved my big bOOty lol =[ Not a happy day!!

Anyone go through the same or struggling w/belly fat? I'd describe my body as being kind of "thick" all over...but carry most of my fat in my stomach. I know I have a long road to reaching my long term goal...but just feeling a little discouraged.

Any suggestions?

My lower abdomen, below the belly button is always the last place to lose... Very frustrating but reality.... Hang in there and stay diligent. Most all of realize that what results you get will be different from somebody else when the effort was same or similar. You just have to work harder or longer or both... I'm with you on that one....and I'm not giving up this time until I see and crossover the finish line.
  • prairiewalker
    Options
    Not sure how my reply ended up IN your quote but it!s probably the fact that I'm not on my computer and I'm rushing but hopefully you get the message that I feel your pain and I'm urging you to stay with it.
  • imondrugz
    Options

Any suggestions?

Hey sorry to post this a lil late !! But i'll give you my advice (im not a professional trainer or a doctor so do some research)!! Each person's body is different than other for example i lose fat from my face/arms/chest first then the last thing is my legs and abdominal (i got the curvy genes haha) !! you might lose fat from your legs first don't freak out start doing strength training on your legs im sure it will make your glutes (nice word for butt) and legs amazing !! Especially squats it will do wonders.. and believe me when you reach your goal and wear a bathing suit you'll feel 200x better (from what some of my girlfriends told me when i helped them lose some weight)

bbdab_ORIG-CocoSquat.jpg
  • yankees20ks
    Options
    Not sure how my reply ended up IN your quote but it!s probably the fact that I'm not on my computer and I'm rushing but hopefully you get the message that I feel your pain and I'm urging you to stay with it.

THANKS Prairiewalker...you're right, just keep on going & work a little harder. how are you doing with your goals lately? wish you much success...keep it up =D
  • yankees20ks
    Options

Any suggestions?

Hey sorry to post this a lil late !! But i'll give you my advice (im not a professional trainer or a doctor so do some research)!! Each person's body is different than other for example i lose fat from my face/arms/chest first then the last thing is my legs and abdominal (i got the curvy genes haha) !! you might lose fat from your legs first don't freak out start doing strength training on your legs im sure it will make your glutes (nice word for butt) and legs amazing !! Especially squats it will do wonders.. and believe me when you reach your goal and wear a bathing suit you'll feel 200x better (from what some of my girlfriends told me when i helped them lose some weight)

bbdab_ORIG-CocoSquat.jpg

awesome...thanks for the advice, i'll give it a go!! i've got a few "at home" weights & a bar, w/a few added weights for it. i may need to break the bank a little & get a gym membership...eeeekkk lol!!

and i love the picture of coco hahaha...if only we could all look that good doing squats in clear heals LOL ;]
  • LetsDoTh1S
    LetsDoTh1S Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I need motivation. I'm around 20% bf and it's so hard to lose the fat now and it makes me wanna give up and binge on all the delicious things I'm missing out on :-/
  • NycoleML
    NycoleML Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I need motivation. I'm around 20% bf and it's so hard to lose the fat now and it makes me wanna give up and binge on all the delicious things I'm missing out on :-/

hrshykisme- don't give up now, you've come so far!! I'm with you, I've stalled out some but as a group we can stick together and keep going! If you feel like you're missing out on something then you should have a little of it - just watch the portions ;) imondrugz will probably be able to give you some fat burning ideas too!! Have a good day!
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    I am not sure where to start first. it seems no matter how hard I try with my eating I get to low on my proteins and over on mycarbs usually. people have said balancing my macros is to help me lose weight.
  • prairiewalker
    Options

In the past..when I've been fit..the ONLY way for me to lose that last little bit was to increase weights and sets!!!!

A trainer or buddy is a must because the last reps will have to be monitored and/or assisted..if you're able to easily put the weights back on the bar by yourself with the last rep..you're not working hard enough... Your buddy should help you with the last several reps by steadying the bar and assisting..so you really get that BURN!!!!!!! it's true when they say "No pain, no gain" and if you have no gain (in muscle) you can't burn the final fat you want for that elite athlete BMI%
  • prairiewalker
    Options
    I am not sure where to start first. it seems no matter how hard I try with my eating I get to low on my proteins and over on mycarbs usually. people have said balancing my macros is to help me lose weight.

Plan your meals around protein..each meal and each snack should have protein.. I use greek yogurt, low fat cottage cheese, boiled egg whites, meat and protein bars to get my protein...AND I think MFP is great..but underestimates how much protein you should eat..I almost always eat more protein than is daily alloted by my profile diary..as long as I stay under in CALORIES I don't care that it shows I've gone over. Also, EAS Advantage is a ready made protein shake that comes in a little silver carton. High in protein, low in carbs..a must in the refrigerator when you're in a hurry and need a meal or snack with no time to "prepare" one. Make sure you get the "Carb Advantage" EAS, low on carbs, because they have regular shakes as well loaded with carbs...
  • LetsDoTh1S
    LetsDoTh1S Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely think about incorporating a protein shake (or even 2), there are some really great ones (0 fat, 0 carb, that taste like chocolate milk!). Ask your local vitamin shoppe or GNC.

The other thing that tends to work for me is that I eat my carbs in the morning, taper those off throughout the day, and make sure around my 4th and 5th meal that I have enough protein. In the end this is a really great option to make sure that the time I'm less active, I have less sugar in my blood...if that makes sense.

Also, I'm not sure if you've changed your makes on MFP, but I definitely suggest doing that too! It helps me regulate my carb intake!