Need help from BM users

Options
PLUMSGRL
PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
So, I've been using the BM core for 4 weeks now, but have stayed with the Scooby numbers during that time.
I'm still doing the reset (week 9 now), but want to know from experienced users:

is it better to use an average over X amount of weeks OR eat previous day's TDEE?

Replies

• DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I use my average for 28 days as my TDEE. I also keep a separate spreadsheet with an average. Much easier and quicker to look at then going to the website.
  • maltipink
    maltipink Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I also use a 28 day average
  • wonderkitten711
    wonderkitten711 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I use an average from the past month or so. And its usually within 100 calories or so of where Scooby says my TDEE should be for whatever activity level I averaged over that month (usually somewhere between light and moderate for me these days).
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I am not able to put in my "custom" goals except for my Daily calorie needs which came out to 1349 after a 20% deficit was subtracted from my tdee.

I want it like this:

133 grams of protein
    30% Fats
    and the balance in carbs which should be about 30%

Can this be done using MFP's "custom" calculator?

Thank you for any help, Denise:drinker: :drinker:
  • MeganKate24
    MeganKate24 Posts: 110
    Options
    How often do you change your calories to eat doing it this way? Every month?
  • maltipink
    maltipink Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    How often do you change your calories to eat doing it this way? Every month?

Unless your activity drastically changes, your TDEE should be pretty constant from month to month. If you have had a pretty inactive week thrown in there, you may want to run another 28 day report to adjust your TDEE. Personally, I run a new report every month just to keep myself in check.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I am not able to put in my "custom" goals except for my Daily calorie needs which came out to 1349 after a 20% deficit was subtracted from my tdee.

I want it like this:

133 grams of protein
    30% Fats
    and the balance in carbs which should be about 30%

Can this be done using MFP's "custom" calculator?

Thank you for any help, Denise:drinker: :drinker:

with the custom calculator you can change to Pro-40, Carb-30, Fat-30...only percentages for the macros...but why do you want such a big cut? Read this:

http://www.oxygenmag.com/Community/Expert-Q-A/How-does-starvation-versus-eating-fewer-calories-affect-fat-loss.aspx
  • mibrewer413
    Options
    I have the Core too and I kind of do an average. Do you have the display? That helps me out because I know to eat more if I have a particular busier day or if I'm more of a slug that day, I'll eat less. I don't think going by the previous day would work for me because I tend to vary especially between work and weekends.