WHat is your most recent trick goal?

Options
kimclaws
kimclaws Posts: 101 Member
I have been trying and trying the special K and so far I am pretty far from it, but i know with practice I will get there. What tricks have you been trying to master recently?

Replies

• Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Knee holds on my bad side, star/cupid (don't know what it is with me and that trick), and apprentice to extended butterfly. And of course the ever present shoulder mount.

Special K is one of those tricks (another is jade split) that even if I could do them, it would look silly, since I don't have a split. Must. Start. Contortion. Again. You'll get it!
  • Ashmeistar
    Options
    Handpring. I've got a dodgy wrist which deosn't help. I've just managed striaght edge but am still a bit wobbly!
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 271
    Options
    My skin goes horribly dry in winter, so staying on the pole is hard enough...

Extended anchor/butterfly to scorpion; superman to scorpion; inverted crucifix to figurehead.

But the hardest trick I'm working on is "remembering a routine"
  • kimclaws
    Options
    good goals guys!!! you will get there !!
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I'm only just inverting - my next goal is to get the inverted thigh hold, so I can go from Gemini (outside leg hang) to Baby Gemini (Shooting star?) to Inverted thigh hold, which looks lovely. I've got the Gemini and I'm nearly there on the Baby Gemini...

In other news, I want to be able to do the cross knee release without feeling terrified, so I can use it in a dance. Yes, I'm still on the cross knee release, 4 months in! (my excuse: losing loads of weight left me very, very physically weak because I started by starving myself, and it's taken me a while to build up my muscles again. I was struggling with knee push-ups.)

Nearly there on the reverse grab!

My main trick which is more of a long term goal is being able to fulfill the 'dance' aspect of pole dancing. I haven't really developed a style yet.
  • kimclaws
    Options
    yea the cross ankle hold is always a bit scary i started off just doing it from the ground and doing tiny sit ups, that way if i happened to fall i was only about a foot from the ground.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't do the cross knee hold--ever. It never felt very secure to me, a lot of people do it without having a completely secure grip. I can do a thigh hold (aka crossed ankle hold), and on a good day hang out in it, but don't ask me to do that freakin' knee hold. Just my two cents.

Poleboy, have you tried DewPoint? A lot of people love it, especially in the winter, for a more general, all over hold. I haven't tried it yet, but need to pick some up.
  • Tiger_Leahy
    Options
    I'm so happy there are other polers on here!!:D
    Upside down V/inverted V has always been my nemesis- 16months in & I still don't have it!
    Currently working on improving my inverts & leg hangs, just wanna get good & strong with those before I move onto anything else...oh & making some small progress with the Jade Splits
  • PoleBoy
    Options
    I mostly use water for but it dries too quickly. I use mighty grip wax sometimes, but I find I don't have the graduated grip, I'm either sticking or sliding OK for static stuff, but spins and transitions are impossiible

I tried dew point once, but probably didn't use enough.
    I don't normally look this bad.... http://scratchpad.myzen.co.uk/slipping.3gp
  • kimclaws
    Options
    you are pretty good!! nice form, i hate doing the superman but it looks so nice, it just hurts so badly lol
  • PoleBoy
    Options
    Thanks for saying so - I was determined to get some transitions in despite my lack of grip (you can see my hands were slipping even on the anchor [butterfly?]) and I failed to stay on long enough for a shoulder mount - If I'd completed the figurehead I might have had enough grip.

Unfortunately, the UK's inability to deal with an inch of snow meant I didn't get to pole this weekend.
  • Polebarbie
    Polebarbie Posts: 84
    Options
    I need to relearn the TG handspring and the splits
  • muroo
    muroo Posts: 68
    Options
    Personally, I don't do the cross knee hold--ever. It never felt very secure to me, a lot of people do it without having a completely secure grip. I can do a thigh hold (aka crossed ankle hold), and on a good day hang out in it, but don't ask me to do that freakin' knee hold. Just my two cents.

Yeah...do what feels best for you! Everyone's body is different. I actually don't mind the CKR but I think it's because my calves are bulgy in the right places so it's cushy and secure. =P CAR on the other hand...I'm always like omgomgomgomg get me down. But I did eventually get it after not understanding it for a while.

I've been working on the Caterpillar forever. It's the only move I've really fallen from so I'm having anxiety issues...
  • n3shaa_
    n3shaa_ Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    my goal is to finally get my invert (without a spot) and shoulder lift. 2 months in and i'm almost there :happy:
  • muroo
    muroo Posts: 68
    Options
    my goal is to finally get my invert (without a spot) and shoulder lift. 2 months in and i'm almost there :happy:
    Shoulder lift...like shoulder mount? I've watched a ton of tutorials on that and just don't understand if I'll ever get it. =P Seemingly zero progress. (I'm sure there's been a bit...=P)

We all have our strengths and weaknesses (and with me...I definitely got my aerial inverted V down before a pole sit) and I thought I'd be better at the strength moves but the shoulder mount still eludes me. :-) But I know that just like everything else it'll just click one day.
  • uniquemoves
    uniquemoves Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    would love to get the shouldermount!! i can dismount and hold it then bring back up but can't seem to get the shouldermount.. and another would be the inverted v! on a good day i can do that from a basic invert but to just go into it humm.. with anything practice makes perfect so i think i will work on conditioning for it this weekend..
  • lori_en
    lori_en Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I only just cracked the cross knee release this morning after nearly 2 years of trying! Biggest amount of achievement I've felt since starting pole as it's always been the one I really wanted to learn and just could not get!

So now I've been able to cross that one off my list, I've still got loads I need to crack... priority for me now I think is inverted pike into superman... looks amazing when I see others do it!