Introduction

Options
DianneOfTheMoon
DianneOfTheMoon Posts: 209 Member
Hey guys, I'm Dianne and just started doing Turbo Jam yesterday, I was hoping to meet some new friends to help with motivation and inspiration. I've heard nothing but great things about Chalene Johnson so I thought I'd give her a try!

Replies

• BabaluluOR
    Options
    Wow, today was my first day of Turbo Jam. I made it to 20 min in. Sticking with it, totally enjoyed the upbeat group!
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    Wow, today was my first day of Turbo Jam. I made it to 20 min in. Sticking with it, totally enjoyed the upbeat group!

Glad to have you with us! I just keep telling myself if I keep doing it every day it will get easier and I will be that much closer, our capabilities are endless!
  • Changemyfate
    Changemyfate Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I have had her videos a couple of weeks now & LOVE Them! After I tried the 20 minute workouts, I went right to the Cardio Party (50 min.) workout. Finally, I found a workout that works up a good sweat! Plus, it's a little more repetative than the other workout & I feel so energized when I do it! I also like her eating plan that comes with this. I tend to eat very similarly when I'm not giving into my chocolate - lol!
  • Fan_Sam66
    Fan_Sam66 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So excited about starting this.... it will be my first challenge. Yesterday was Day1 for me, feeling it in my upper back. Day2 TJ and shake already completed :happy:
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Hey all I've been doing Turbo Jam for about 4 months now and love it,just finished Turbo Sculpting today and I looove it!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!! Charlene is amazing! Also doing 30 Day shred =)
  • alicialwest
    alicialwest Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    I love Turbo Jam. I have been doing it for about 2 years now and I am actually a certified TurboKickboxing (Chalene's version for 24 hour fitness) instructor though I am too busy to actually teach a class. (I got certified before I went back to school full time)
    I'm not planning to do it every day (because I am training for a half marathon and have to fit in my runs) but I will do at least 3 times per week. Looking forward to the new challenge.
    Alicia
  • alicialwest
    alicialwest Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just did 45 min of round 51 Turbo Kick!
  • mhouston2011
    mhouston2011 Posts: 155
    Options
    I'd love to join this...I got my dvd's on Monday and will be starting them tonight...great group idea! Thank you, feel free to add me everyone
  • lucyjava
    lucyjava Posts: 6
    Options
    I bought this years ago. I will have to check it out.
  • Changemyfate
    Options
    Melissa,
    Just curious. Did you get Turbo Fire? or Turbo Jam?
    Shari
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    Melissa,
    Just curious. Did you get Turbo Fire? or Turbo Jam?
    Shari

I have turbo jam at the moment, I would eventually like to do all of them.
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    So excited about starting this.... it will be my first challenge. Yesterday was Day1 for me, feeling it in my upper back. Day2 TJ and shake already completed :happy:

Way to go chick ;)
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    Day 3 of turbo jam done, still struggling with the moves. I'm extremely uncoordinated and use to doing more with weights and strength training, this makes me feel like such an amateur! That's okay, I will get it eventually, practice makes perfect! How are you guys doing? What do you like best about it?
  • Fan_Sam66
    Fan_Sam66 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    3rd day completed. Feeling great. Hoping to keep the motivation and energy.
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    You will chick, if you make yourself do it every day it becomes a habit! You're killin it!
  • mhouston2011
    mhouston2011 Posts: 155
    Options
    Sorry I missed your message yesterday. I have Turbo Jam! I considered myself fairly coordinated until I started trying to follow along. I did my first one this morning and everytime they went right, I went left and vice versa. Oh well, I was still moving..lol. I'm just glad I can do it in the privacy of my own home...some things aren't meant for everyone to see..lol.
  • Changemyfate
    Options
    I here you about the choreography. I wasn't perfect when I started either - lol! However, compared to Firm Express - this is much more manageable (for me). I tried Zumba (at home video) & I absolutely couldn't follow it either....I am kind of challenged that way. I wish I wasn't, and I just keep trying!. Chalene says in one of her workouts that when she says "left" - it's our left & same for right. She is a "mirror image"....hope that helps.
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options
    Day 4 is finished, I feel like I'm getting some of the moves a little bit better, however I'm still extremely frustrated!!:devil:
  • Changemyfate
    Options
    Day 4 is finished, I feel like I'm getting some of the moves a little bit better, however I'm still extremely frustrated!!:devil:

Ever tried Firm Express? They combine more work with weights & sports type drills, although there isn't a ton of repetition. P90X has more repetition & a lot less "choreography" too. You might like either of these I think.
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    Options

Ever tried Firm Express? They combine more work with weights & sports type drills, although there isn't a ton of repetition. P90X has more repetition & a lot less "choreography" too. You might like either of these I think.

Thank you, I was thinking about p90x and ChaLEAN Extreme. I want to master this though, I'm only 4 days in so I'm sure the more I do it the more comfortable I will feel. I like to be versatile. Knowledge is power!