Should I add running to my daily exercise?

Options
Hi everybody!

I was wondering if I should be adding some cardio after my WODs? I feel like my heart rate is really high during crossfit but Im wondering if I should add some cardio to speed up my progress as well as my speed during WOD's that are for time?

Thank you for your help :)

Replies

• crashri
    crashri Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I run on my non Xfit days (between 3 and 5 miles). I've never tried running on the same day as an Xfit workout, but now that I am in better shape with Xfit (after only three weeks after on-boarding) I am definitely not as sore as I was and think my body could handle it. I would say that if you body feels good enough to run, go for it. My box does a lot of running as part of the WOD's, so I typically don't feel like I need to run on those days.
  • EmilyCholette1990
    EmilyCholette1990 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I usually do crossfit about four times a week so I will definitely try to fit it in on my off days or days that the WOD wasnt as challenging. Thank you for the response! :)
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Basically, I see running as an added benefit. Since there can be running in several WODs it's always good to work at getting better at it. The WOD at my box yesterday had 2 miles in it, sooooo for me being such a god awful runner, it sucked. I need to get back to adding running into my regiment
  • ardavis23
    ardavis23 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am starting to add running into my exercise as well. Lifting and all that comes easy for me, but my stamina is at an all time low. I know I could get thru the WODs alot faster if I had better endurance.
  • EmilyCholette1990
    EmilyCholette1990 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, I never have any problem getting through the WOD unless there is running involved... :) thanks for the helpful advice everyone!