Introduce yourself

Options
natpalit
natpalit Posts: 113 Member
Hi guys,

To kick of the group, I thought it would be a good idea for everyone to introduce themselves, explain why you joined the group , and to share your goals and aspirations.

Replies

• natpalit
    natpalit Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm Nat, I'm vegetarian, but despite that, due to me being lazy on the cooking front, I've noticed, since I started counting my calories, I haven't been getting enough fruit and vegetables. It's especially crucial to make sure you get the right amount of fresh fruit and veg on a calorie restricted diet as it's harder to do so. My body tells me when I'm not treating it well enough, my skins gets less clear... so that's part of my motivation to be here, and to be more committed to keeping my fruit and veg intake where it should be in the long run!
  • HamsterNut
    HamsterNut Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Im Bekki, an ex vegetarian who really needs to eat more veg regularly! I dont get on with many types of fruit they can make me sick by their taste or their acidity levels!
  • woiakt75
    woiakt75 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I am close to starting a marriage and hopefully soon after a family, but before that I would like to create and maintain healthy habits for myself. I am looking to lose 40 lbs, but also to become strong. I am looking to stop sugar cravings and start adding more motion to my day. I am working full time as a Juvenile Court Officer and going to school for a Masters in Counseling. I am looking for more interaction on the site.

I like goals such as 5 a day! :)
  • welsh_lass86
    welsh_lass86 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Carly, I'm a pescatarian and I'm trying to eat at least 5 a day, hopefully more. My iron intake always seems to be very low so if I could sort that out that would be great.
  • dbparra
    dbparra Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm Debbie and so happy you stared this group! My daughter (Natalie) turned vegan earlier this year and helped me lose almost 20lbs, now she's moving to college. We learned a lot of veggie recipes, soups, main dishes and juiced a ton! It was a fun yet challenging and memorable time I will always treasure. My Pilates instructor at the gym told me about MFP. I really want to be accountable with my eating, create a support sytem to stay motivated and lose an additional 45lbs if possible... Thanks again for starting this group!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I'm Kimberly
    3 boys
    stay-at-home-mom/homeschooler

I love fruits and veggies but sometimes forget to eat them for some reason. So hopefully this will remind me.
  • meljofield
    meljofield Posts: 79
    Options
    Hi! I am Melinda and I joined this group to get some new ideas for adding fruits and veggies to my daily menu. Food boredom is the reason I fall off the wagon.
  • frillypantz
    frillypantz Posts: 134
    Options
    Oh i seriously need something like this to help me reach my goals.... I just cant seem to eat veggies! I LOVE them but always end up missing them!
  • kerty1
    kerty1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm Kerty!! I recently joined 'myfitnesspal' to help myself get back in shape and eating right. I recently realized that all the junkfoods that i eat not only is fattening but its a poor choice of food. I am joining this group with hopes to be motivated based on other peoples situations and learn what better food options there are.
    Thank you
  • suzyroon
    suzyroon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Suzy and am a vegetarian, have been since i was 4. I have always struggled to eat fresh fruit and vegetables, many i dont like the textures. I have got around the problem by sticking only to a select few of what i like as i have alwasy been a fussy eater.

I now have 2 young daughters and am struggling to get them to eat a selection of different types, mainly i suppose because they don't see me eating it. I joined this group mainly to change my view on fruits and vegetables and to hopefully gain hints and tips on persuading my girls to eat their veggies and also to perhaps gain inspiration to change my habits and try new things. It is far too easy to be an unhealthy vegetarian these days with all the processed foods in the supermarkets, i want to teach my children to eat a large selection of fruits and veggies at such a young age to arm them to say no to processed foods in favour of fresh and good food.
  • cheryl5115
    cheryl5115 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    H i everyone
    I am Cheryl, I just need to increase my fruit & veggies, if I want to change my life style. I didn't want to go on another diet.
  • jonelaw
    jonelaw Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm Amy. I always feel much better when I eat lots of fruits and veggies though, if not vigilant, tend to gravitate towards bread, pasta and other such things. I would love new ideas for preparing veggies especially to prevent boredom and help me change my eating style permanently!
  • bright_and_shiny
    Options
    Hi, I'm Shiny. :smile: I'm here not just to lose a bit of weight, but want to make myself healthier overall - and one of the ways I want to do that is to eat more vegetables. One thing I've found helpful is the frozen individual-serve microwave steam bags of mixed vegetables (holy adjectives, Batman!). Each of those is about 1C, so two serves. I don't always have easy ways to get veggies in earlier in the day, so I'll often have two of those for dinner.

I do find that I eat more veggies in winter (which is now, for me), as I don't really like salad all that much - so I'll be interested in hearing summer tips from all my northern hemisphere pals! :smile:
  • guerayice
    guerayice Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi All! I'm Grey-female-29y/o ─ joined in the group coz I really want to be in shape again.
    And I love veggies - miss eating a lot of it! I love the fact that when I eat veggies and fruits, I feel full but fresh at the same time.
  • LifeJacketWaterJogger
    Options
    hi how is everyone i need to eat more fruit and veggies so i can be healthy, and it will replace some of the carbs i eat
  • chelseabell91
    Options
    Hey guys I'm chelsea,
    I'm in Nursing school for my BSN and have one more year left.
    Joined MFP to lose the weight I gained since starting nursing school.
    Excited for this group!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Just a note:
    I don't want my face in my profile picture for the WHOLE world (honestly, I just hope to avoid being found by people I know IRL)

but I just posted a blog with a face and my kids and an onion.....

-Kimberly