the scale & starting the cut

Options
bethad5
bethad5 Posts: 176 Member
I'm finishing up week 6 of reset and haven't stepped on the scale since starting. i meant to do it july 1, but was not in a proper mental/psychological state to get on the scale, see a high(er) number, and be okay with it. so i chose sanity over knowing what the scale said that moment and stayed off the scale.

i'll be through my 8 weeks august 4th. my plan is to take a deep breath, jump on the scale august 5, and take my cut from there. but i just thought of something - what if i gained so much during the reset that my cut at reset is equal to what my full TDEE was when i started my reset? has this ever happened to anyone? or would you have to gain a LOT to have your 'new' cut level be equal to your 'old' TDEE?

hope i'm making sense here. it's 2 weeks away and i'm already very, very anxious about what the scale is going to say. almost anxious enough to just want to get it over with and jump on it now, but it's TOM and 105 degrees outside, so i am avoiding the scale like the plague....

Replies

• jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I don't have this problem, but if I did...honestly I don't think I could mentally handle trying to cut with a number that I've just been resetting at!

If it's not too much of an issue, I would just cut from the tdee level you reset at to bring you back down to where you started in weight at least. Then start making the adjustments. I don't know if this is the right answer, but I know I'd need some significant convincing to do otherwise!! :tongue:
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in the answer to this question. I've been worrying about the same thing.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    This is a really great question and I am suprised that you are the first to ask it....

All you can do it wait it out....Sorry to say but recalculate your numbers with your new weight at the end of reset and cut from there with the correct activity level....If you end up with the same number as your TDEE during reset somehow then I would set it at a cut of 10% just to get it down some....I am going to run some numbers and see how much you would have to gain to actually be at the same number for cut as your reset TDEE just to try to give you a ballpark....

What are your stats?
    Weight:
    Activity level:

I'll be back...I am really curious now!!

Okay, I am back and just used my numbers....I went up all the way to a 30lb increase in weight and still did not get to my 15% CUT equaling my TDEE....I just went to scooby and I already know my stats right now and I just changed the weight by 10lb increments to check the change with the 15% decrease and it did change but never to the TDEE amount of my starting weight...So, what I am trying to say is that I do NOT see that happening without gaining over 30lbs at least during reset!!
    Unless your activity level went up....I put from light to moderate and my 15% cut did jump up to almost my TDEE at reset but only b/c of the increase in activity level...

Rest assured this will NOT happen....I hope this helps you out!! :flowerforyou:
  • SurroDoula
    SurroDoula Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just played with my own numbers, but in order for my current cut to equal my current TDEE, I would have to gain roughly 75 pounds. So I really don't think you have anything to worry about!