I had a bad day

Options
michnforest
michnforest Posts: 12 Member
So, I knew this day would come. After nearly a month of boot camp five days a week and a pretty healthy diet (which I have been logging daily), I busted. I know it happens, but it doesn't feel good. My knee has been hurting, despite wearing my brace, and I just couldn't do all the exercises and lunges.

On top of the pain, PMS got the best of me, lol. I have been grazing pretty consistently all day. I wouldn't even know where to begin logging my food?! It's not all been bad, but hasn't been all good either.

I have to remind myself that I can't remove my weight in a day, so how would I gain it back in a day. Hoping that tomorrow is a fresh start. Any tips on how to combat the monthly urge to eat?!

Replies

• AlyssaWannabe
    AlyssaWannabe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    No tips, but I wanted to say that I can relate!

I've been having so many issues with emotional eating lately.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I find drinking plenty of water works, as well as have lots of healthy "finger food" options near by AT ALL TIMES. I also increase my daily multivitamin.
  • carrot1965
    Options
    THis is my life daily. I can go all day and do great. As soon as the sun goes down you better look up that kitchen cuz I can't stay out of it. And all I want is carbs and sugars. And I can't stop!! I hate myself. I knit or crochet to no avail. The only way I can not eat is to be outside gardening. You can't do that at night. I wish you the best of luck and if you figure it out please fill me in. Someone suggested healthy finger foods. I will sit and eat the whole bag of carrots. PIG!!!
  • Antonia2501
    Antonia2501 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    THis is my life daily. I can go all day and do great. As soon as the sun goes down you better look up that kitchen cuz I can't stay out of it. And all I want is carbs and sugars. And I can't stop!! I hate myself. I knit or crochet to no avail. The only way I can not eat is to be outside gardening. You can't do that at night. I wish you the best of luck and if you figure it out please fill me in. Someone suggested healthy finger foods. I will sit and eat the whole bag of carrots. PIG!!!

I am the exact same way. Its over once I get home and night time hits. Especially when I should be going to lay down to sleep.
  • britn3y
    britn3y Posts: 4
    Options
    Me too people at work even tell me that they left me leftovers , but I always can't help my self food after food I need help !
  • michnforest
    michnforest Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your feedback. RIght before dinner is always a challenge for me. I know about keeping snacks nearby and drinking water, but I always get concerned about how much of the healthy snacks I am eating. One of the few things I need to learn I guess
  • laydeneko
    laydeneko Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I don't know about drinking water (I get nauseous if I drink too much), but I have found that hard candies like Jolly Ranchers or suckers work for me. I get the sweetness I am craving, but not the calories I used to intake. Not that I don't blow it on pop or candy sometimes...