2»

Replies

• Krismarie24
    Options
    Good advice, ladies! Thanks!
  • chloenmiller
    chloenmiller Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Also, stay away from carbonated drinks.. Or even try to just drink water! Who wants to consume calories from a drink anyways? If you eat clean, and drink lots of water, you should notice a difference in just one week! Take pictures every week to remind you of how far you are coming! Oh and lots of veggies and fruits! (Mostly veggies, though. Fruits are high in sugar.)
  • rmandree
    rmandree Posts: 9
    Options
    I thank all who posted on this topic. I think there are lots of great suggestions and tips. I am going to try several of them.
  • cococa
    cococa Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with the posters above. Watching your fat/sugar intake, making sure the fats you do eat are good fats (olives, avocados, etc), and doing cardio/core workouts at least three times a week. Your diet makes all the difference when trying to ditch the belly. My best friend worked out like a maniac for months before her wedding - tons of kickboxing and hot yoga every day sometimes twice a day. She certainly shed some pounds and toned up, but her belly seems to be just as big as ever. I believe this is because she did nothing to change her diet. I do want to add something else in terms of advice. In addition to watching what you eat, watch when you eat it. 4 years ago I had this problem, so I made a lot of diet/exercise changes. Along with changing to healthy fats and doing core workouts, I changed from 1-2 big meals a day to 3 small meals and 2 snacks. This forced me to eat something every 3 hours or so and it helped prevent me from binging on food at night after work. A typical day would be Kefir and granola in the at 7 am, a banana at 10 am, a small sandwich (with pesto instead of mayo) at 1 pm, a 1/4 c of nuts with dark chocolate at 4 pm, and then a bowl of ground turkey cooked with olive oil and steamed veggies at 7 pm. I wasn't perfect at it, but I stuck with it most days and a month or so later I had the flattest tummy of my life. Trying to get back to those good habits now to lose the belly that I have gained back since then.
  • Katie_Valentine
    Options
    I'm working on this too!

I used to skate roller derby and one thing we learned is that a strong core and trim waist comes from a strong back. So working out to balance both your ab muscles and your lower back will change the shape of your waist. So you want to be aware of pulling your stomach muscles in (gently, don't strain) while you do other exercises.

To get the feeling, stand with your feet shoulder width apart, go into a plie, and then take that feeling and try to replicate that (without straining) and think about it as you do some lower back exercises. Be careful though! Don't want to strain or hurt anything, just become more aware of those muscles.

After I had my son I worked on my lower back and my abs to regain strength. I still have a long way to go to get where I was before, but this helped!

Also, really frankly, roller skating is a really fun way to build this core. Just bend your knees a little as you skate and tuck your tummy in. It really does help.