I'M ALIVE!!

Options
savedchild8
savedchild8 Posts: 148 Member
Hello fabulous people!

I started counting carbs in 1999 when I was released from the hospital with over 18 different medications.
It was quite challenging because two of the medications were steroids, and raised my blood sugars considerably!!!
This was devasting, because the high blood sugars caused temporary blindness, and a whole lot of other health challenges!!
Never before was there a "Diabetic" challenge, but medications forced me to follow this lifestyle.

Today, I'm no longer on any medications, but I still practice low carb eating to control glucose levels.

I was able to get to know my body, test natural alternatives to medications, and successfully live past a doctor's gloomy diagnose!!

I'M ALIVE!! THIS YEAR.....WILL BE EXACTLY 25 YEARS LONGER THAN A DOCTOR'S PREDICTION!!

I may not be at the weight I want to be......but I'm ALIVE....taking NO MEDS....and serving overseas encouraging others!!

HIGH FIVE!!!

Replies

• LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hello fabulous people!

I started counting carbs in 1999 when I was released from the hospital with over 18 different medications.
    It was quite challenging because two of the medications were steroids, and raised my blood sugars considerably!!!
    This was devasting, because the high blood sugars caused temporary blindness, and a whole lot of other health challenges!!
    Never before was there a "Diabetic" challenge, but medications forced me to follow this lifestyle.

Today, I'm no longer on any medications, but I still practice low carb eating to control glucose levels.

I was able to get to know my body, test natural alternatives to medications, and successfully live past a doctor's gloomy diagnose!!

I'M ALIVE!! THIS YEAR.....WILL BE EXACTLY 25 YEARS LONGER THAN A DOCTOR'S PREDICTION!!

I may not be at the weight I want to be......but I'm ALIVE....taking NO MEDS....and serving overseas encouraging others!!

HIGH FIVE!!!

HIGH FIVE! RIGHT BACK! You are AWESOME and I'm proud to be your MFP buddy! Keep shinin! :)
  • mariea_bo
    mariea_bo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is a phenomenal testimony! I am so encouraged and inspired.
  • savedchild8
    savedchild8 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: