" I HATE BEING CALLED FAT!"

Options
savedchild8
savedchild8 Posts: 148 Member
Why do some of us call each other "FAT"? I've even made the mistake of calling myself "FAT". It really doesn't feel that great to hear myself being described that way. Many times I have had some very depressed moments because of it. And...You're right...started searching the fridge for my chocolates! Decided to control whats flowing through mind, especially if it is negative. I'm not entertaining those thoughts anymore! I don't have to call myself "FAT"....nor will I allow someone else to call me "FAT" either! True...there are pounds that need to be lost. Not walking in denial. But done with the abuse! Being sensitive to the feelings of others is a great human quality. Thanks for being you!

I like saying these out loud....sometimes just silently in my spirit.
You can choose from the menu, or eat them all....Gluttony is allowed in this group......:laugh:

1) I'm not going to allow myself to be "emotionally infected" by anyone's insensitivity today! I'll just simply burn some calories, and smile! :smile: (It takes more muscles to smile than it does to frown.)

2) I'm not "FAT", just a lot more of me to love. Enjoy it while you can! :laugh:

3) Obesity is not my friend, so we cannot fellowship anymore! Good-bye forever!

4) I heard somebody call me "FAT" today! Why didn't they just ask me what my real name was? BLESSED!

5) I know some will call me what they desire.....but what I allow my spirit to answer to....that's what is important. I choose to be a happy person, and disregard ignorant people. I'll be a better example...smile...and say, "Have a nice day!"

6) "FAT" is not on my birth certificate, so I will not answer to that name!

7) "FAT" is in the eye of the beholder!

8) "F.A.T" ... Fabulous And Tough .... that's who I am! A fighter!

9) "F.A.T" .... Finally Another Triumph .... that's right...I'm a winner!

10) "F.A.T" .... Funny Adorable True .... that's right .... I'm beautiful!

Replies

• mrshbrn
    mrshbrn Posts: 22
    Options
    Im just the oppisite. Although I do sometimes call myself fat, I dont believe it when I say it. Frankly Im not fat. Precious is FAT. I dont even believe Im obese, although every nutrionist will call me that. Im a sista and Im suppose to have curves and extra meat. ONLY A DOG WANTS A BONE! Fat??? How would you like it if I called you anorexic????
  • savedchild8
    Options
    :laugh: You go girl! Too funny! There are a lot of men that will agree with you I'm sure! My husband always say, "Even a dog like a little meat on his bones!" :laugh: I still need to rid myself of some of this "meat" though....:smile: Thanks for sharing! ((hugs))
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I don't use the word fat for sure. I think that overweight and obese are states, not adjectives. Kinda like being hungry. At some times during the day you are hungry or thirsty. But it isn't a permanent phenomenon, just a temporary state. :)

There are a lot of assumptions about what "obese," "heavy" and "overweight" people are like. The way I see it, being healthy isn't a clothing size or number on the scale. It is all about adopting healthy behaviors and being consistent about it.
    1. Eating well (and eating you produce)
    2. Staying active
    3. Setting goals and surpassing them
    4. And don't forget about your mental state. This is important too.

So fat? I don't use it a descriptor for anyone. It is meaningless.
  • savedchild8
    Options
    Great words of wisdom Jadedone! Thanks for sharing this! I like what you said about being hungry or thirsty.

Your four tips are already written in my journal. I'll copy this to another post!

Thanks again! ((hugs))
  • mrshbrn
    mrshbrn Posts: 22
    Options
    Yep and your husband is right. My hubby couldnt' stand my body at a size 8. Said I was wayyyy to skinny.
  • savedchild8
    Options
    LOL.....MRSHBRN.....AND WHAT THEY SAY COUNTS......:laugh:
  • savedchild8
    Options
    How are you doing?
  • savedchild8
    Options
    YOU ARE ALIVE......

SO YOUR DAY IS ALREADY BLESSED!

DON'T ALLOW YOUR PAST FAILURES TO HINDER YOU FROM WALKING IN VICTORY!!

YOUR PAST WILL DESTROY YOUR FUTURE....IF YOU LET IT!! TELL YOUR OLD "PITY PARTY"...."THE PARTY IS OVER!' .....
    ENCOURAGE YOURSELF!!

STAND UP!! ....AND SAY.... SELF!!!

I'M LOVING YOU MORE AND MORE!!

I WON'T BELIEVE ANY MORE OF THE PAST LIES ABOUT MYSELF!!

IT'S NOT WHAT PEOPLE CALL YOU THAT MATTERS.....IT'S WHAT YOU ANSWER TO THAT MATTERS!!

TODAY I CALL YOU...."FANTABULOUSLY BEAUTIFUL!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mtjaxx
    mtjaxx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    "FAT" talk is toxic. When we talk about how fat we are, we are just degrading ourselves. We all know what our weaknesses are, we need to concentrate on helping each other (and ourselves) realize our strengths. Our strengths are uplifting. The scale is only a tool to work toward a better us and to avoid going backward in our struggle to be healthier. We should banish the word fat, at least on this site. We are strong and beautiful people working toward a healthier future. Some of us are losing weight, others are just working on exercising and endurance. We need to encourage good self esteem for everyone here.
  • savedchild8
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • savedchild8
    Options
    YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT IS ALWAYS NEEDED !!!