Welcome!

Options
StacySkinny
StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
In order to succeed in getting healthy and losing weight it's important to change those negative thoughts and replace them with positive thoughts. It is my hope that this group can be a place for some of us to get and give inspiring stories, quotes, and thoughts to help us "rewire" our thinking.

Change your Thoughts, Change your Life

Introduce yourself! New members tell us a little about your self and feel free to post your favorite inspiring quotes and thoughts.

Replies

• StacySkinny
    Options
    "The higher your energy level, the more efficient your body. The more efficient your body, the better you feel and the more you will use your talent to produce outstanding results." Anthony Robbins

The starting point is to believe that you can change. If you don’t believe it, then you wont do it.
  • caretmier
    Options
    Hi, I am Candace. This is my second go 'round with MFP. My first attempt was successful, lost 7 lbs my first month then 3-4 the next. I let the slow down get the best of me and stopped trying as hard. This time I am not going to burn myself out and I will enjoy my life during this change I am making. Here is a quote I found that hit me in the head today and was perfect for where I am today.

"Rather than aiming for being perfect, just aim to be little bit better today than you were yesterday."

This is what I want to think about every time I go into my kitchen! Just be better than yesterday! :)) Baby steps!!!
  • StacySkinny
    Options

"Rather than aiming for being perfect, just aim to be little bit better today than you were yesterday."

This is what I want to think about every time I go into my kitchen! Just be better than yesterday! :)) Baby steps!!!

hahah I love it! That's a great way to look at it. Welcome to the group, Candace! Thanks for the inspiring quote!
  • elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Elizabeth i go by Eli ...i have been over weight my whole life ..the reason i joined this group is that i really need to stop and rewire my brain to think its not hungry. I have been on so many diets it bites and i give up all the time.. my fav quote is .. If you fall down get back up , dust your knees and get back in the game... :)
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    Hi, Elizabeth! Welcome to the group! :D

Nice quote!
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    Here's a few good ones I found on a weight loss forum:

1. You've come to far in life to take orders from a cookie
    2. Don't give up what you want most for something you want at the moment.
    3. Eat to live, but don't live to eat
    4. If it was easy, everyone would be thin
    5. I'm not there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday
    6. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels
    7. Be like a postage stamp...stick with it until you get there
    8. The difficulties and struggles of today are but the price we must pay for the accomplishments and victories of tomorrow
    9. Craving is only a feeling
    10. Sacrifice is giving up something good for something better
    11. The secret of success is the consistency to pursue.
    12. A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!
  • pfordne
    pfordne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I agree that the mental part is the hardest for me. I'm very judgmental about myself and compare myself to others. not ht God intended for me to do. Hope to find some positive thoughts here and cheer on others. I read a post yesterday where the person said something like, if you were to hear me talk about another person the way you talk about yourself, you would slap me. Good point.

I am working out regularly. Need to work on good food choices ( I do take orders from the cookie).
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    Hi all. I agree that the mental part is the hardest for me. I'm very judgmental about myself and compare myself to others. not ht God intended for me to do. Hope to find some positive thoughts here and cheer on others. I read a post yesterday where the person said something like, if you were to hear me talk about another person the way you talk about yourself, you would slap me. Good point.

I am working out regularly. Need to work on good food choices ( I do take orders from the cookie).

It's amazing how we often treat ourselves so much worse than we would treat a friend or even a complete stranger. We often times are our own worst enemy. I totally understand where you are coming from.

I'm trying to look at myself like this:
    I believe that we are all God's children. I am His child. And it's important to take care of His child as if I am a child that has been left in my care. What would I feed a child that has been left for me to take care of? Would I give that child a bunch of junk food or unhealthy stuff? Probably not. I would try and feed her healthy things to make her grow up strong.

And I pretend that my thoughts to myself are all words spoken out loud to that same child left in my care. If I wouldn't say it to her, I shouldn't say it to myself.
  • StacySkinny
    Options

Oh and welcome to the group! It's good to have you here! I need to be more active in the group and post more positive thoughts in it. :)
  • journeyon2013
    journeyon2013 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Amy , and I just joined myfitnesspal several days ago I come here for motivational and encouragement for support !!!!
  • 111grace
    111grace Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I just joined new here, thanks for starting this LOVE " FIND ANOTHER THOUGHT", the trick & challenge for me would be to make a list of positive thoughts. I think 15 years of stress and fails, I don't want to be defined as a looser, stupidity doing the same thing over and over & expecting different results.

Where do I get the strength to start again, & try again? my heart aches , tears in my eyes how did i let this happen. my inability to cope with others stressing me out (PEACE ' I let go), divided from my calling i fell. 15 - 8 - 2013 this is the last time, no looking back, it is what it is (obese) time to move forward. As GOD is my witness....now today everyday i will reach my goal, filled with HAPPINESS....