EA Sports Active 2 General Discussion, News, etc.

Options
Jaccyber
Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
Welcome all to this forum,

I am starting this thread to have a place for any and all general discussion, news, etc. about the EA Sports Active 2 across all platforms. Also to discuss any other fitness topics or games for Wii, Xbox360, PS3.

Have a super and fit day.

Replies

• Jaccyber
    Options
    Here is a link for the olympics
    http://www.nbcolympics.com/

I thought this would be relevent.

I always look forward to watching the greatest fitness challenge ever.
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Is it me or does anyone else think the HRM for EA Sports is really off? I used my HRM today with the one that came with the game and they were like 150 calories different!! To me that is a whole lot of calories,does anyone else have this problem or is it just me lol?
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    I have been wondering that too. I just wonder if the calories just have a set count for each exercise or if the game actually adjusts the calorie count to how fast or slow your working. Sometime my count is lower or higher than the scheduled count they show in the beginning before the workout begins. Also I have noticed when I am running my heart rate slows down to about 105 according to the HRM for the game then later it goes back up. More questions than answers.

So what kind of HRM do you have? I might think about investing in one for when I go walking and biking during these nice days.
  • nursemickey
    nursemickey Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I say def go with the HRM you have and not what the game has. The game one is very weird on how it reads (as you've noticed).
  • Stixx28
    Stixx28 Posts: 55
    Options
    HRM monitor does sound cool, might be good for when i'm biking. What kind is good? EA to me is pretty close, but i'm sure its not perfect. I doubt it takes you HR into the calculation.
  • amanda8o
    Options
    I personally have a sportline HRM got it from Kmart,I don't have the money with 3 kids to get a high end one,and lots of people have put down the touch sensor ones but I had a strap one and didn't like it at all lol,and compared it to my touch sensor one and they both showed the same calorie burn and my HR was the same on both. I use mine when I do my couch to 5 K and my TuboJam also and love it,I just don't trust these one's that come with the games,before I even break a sweat my heart rate is soaring and I just don't think that's right at all.So definitely gonna keep using my personal HRM with the one that came with the game.But I have to say it does keep me motivated seeing all those calories burned,even though it's not accurate lol.
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    Welcome to all those who joined the group in the last couple of days.
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    This is truely awesome. The group is 28 strong already. It is beautiful to see so many into health and fitness. Keep it up.
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.

For all those joining us recently, the group is setting up a challenge if you wish to join in on the fun. See the 'event' thread.

JAC
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    Thought this would be a good link. Talks about heart rates.
    http://www.heart.com/heart-rate-chart.html
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    Happy Easter Day Group.

Today is one of the days when I try to control myself from eating to much Easter CANDY.

Hope you all have Blessed Easter Day. Jesus is Risen... Alleluia!!

Peace

JAC
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    This is still truely awesome. The group is 50 strong now. It is beautiful to see so many into health and fitness. Keep it up.
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.

For all those joining us recently, the group will be setting up a challenge that will feature the Custom Workout portion of EASA2 if you wish to join in on the fun. See the 'event' thread.

JAC
    Have a super day!!
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    Just want to say hello and welcome to all who have joined in the last couple of weeks.

Welcome and keep up the great workouts.

Peace

JAC
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    Wow... we now have 57 people in the group. That's awesome.
  • amanda8o
    Options
    Just had the urge to punch the trainer in EAS2 today,does anyone else find their trainer annoying after awhile,especially since they are always repeating the same things? I haven't checked yet but I might have to look to see if there is some way to turn the talking off it can be very disrupting sometimes!
  • skaville1976
    skaville1976 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just had the urge to punch the trainer in EAS2 today,does anyone else find their trainer annoying after awhile,especially since they are always repeating the same things? I haven't checked yet but I might have to look to see if there is some way to turn the talking off it can be very disrupting sometimes!

You can turn off the trainer's voice if it's getting too annoying.

Having said that, a strange thing happened this morning while I was going through a routine. I was doing Hip Bridges and the trainer said that you could make the exercise even harder if you lifted your arms off the ground. I swear that was the first time that I had heard the trainer say that even though I must have done Hip Bridges dozens of times!

So perhaps I've just tuned out before, expecting the trainer to say the same old stuff and not really listening.

One thing that does drive me nuts is the music so I've just added my own playlist (on the PS3).
  • kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Do you all feel you get a good overall strength training from the EASA 2? I get bored so easily and thought with the weekly challenge program that it has it would at least switch some things up for me.
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    Hello and Welcome kmcgrath1

The short and sweet answer is.... Yes!!

With EASA2 you have the 3 week and the 9 week challenge in 3 skill levels of easy, medium, and hard, and the variety of exercises is wonderful. Also, there is a Custom area in the game to create your own workout from the exercises. You can customize to work your full body, Upper body strenght training, or Lower body, and also the core.

I personally think that there is plenty of replayability with this EASA2 because you can increase the resistance with dumbells, ankle and wrist weights. Currently I personally am using 8 pounds in the dumbells and have 2 lb wrist and 2.5 lbs ankle weights. Each time I complete a challenge (3 or 9 week) I will increase the resistance more so that I (hopefully) will continue to progress onward and upwards and keep burning those calories and building and toning the muscle. Since beginning and using EASA2 for 43 weeks straight (and counting), my speed is up, I can squat longer with less effort (makes cleaning the house and yard work a lot easier LOL), and my arm strength has increased some.

Also something you should know also about EASA2:
    FYI: This announcement is on the EA Website:

April 13, 2012 -- Online Services Shutdown
    EA Sports Active 2.0 for PlayStation 3, Wii and Xbox 360
    EA Sports Active NFL Training Camp for Wii

For more details:
    http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates

^^^^^ With that said ^^^^^^ Since the online portion of the game was dropped by EA we started this group here to keep the motivation alive and kicking. Also there is still some active members at the EA forum as well. So the EASA2 community is still very much going strong.

Hope this helps you a little.

My user name here is: jaccyber and on EA Forums I go by: jac2000

I wish you well on your fitness journey kmcgrath1.

Journey on...

JAC
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    Good Morning and Happy Saturday.

Welcome all that have joined the group in the last few weeks.

:happy: This group is 69 strong now.:happy:

Hope all are doing well on there fitness journey.

If you get a chance check out the Custom Workout Challenge thread. Go there and list your custom workouts to challenge the group.

Feel free to send me a friend request and we can motivate each other on this journey.

Have a Super Weekend Group.

JAC
  • Jaccyber
    Options
    WoooHooo….Made it to another Friday.

How it everyone doing this fine day.

Is everyone staying ACTIVE.

I am currently doing the 3 week cardio kick start on Hard and this time around I have added weighted gloves along with wrist and ankle weights for an increased challenge.

On Aug. 6th I will be starting NFL Training Camp 60 day challenge on Easy for the first time. Then after that will dive right into EASA2 9 week Hard for the first time. Have a feeling it will kick my butt… but hopefully in a good way.

Would like to hear about where everyone else is at in the fitness journey with ACTIVE 2 or NFL TC.

The group has grown to 73 now which is beautiful. If you have time feel free to post and keep staying ACTIVE.

Have a super Friday group.

Peace
    JAC
  • 7djt
    7djt Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for the EA2 Active Group too - where did they go:cry: ?