Intro's

Options
Please post a hello and introduction here.

I'm hopsanddreams. I'm in my early 30's, wife, mom, architectural designer in Indianapolis. I'm working to get toned, get healthy and drop about 10 lbs. I just want to fit into my skinny clothes again instead of busting out of my "fat clothes."

I've also started eating healthier, and tracking my calories on MFP. Feel free to friend me and/or check out my food diary. :-)

I started the shred on Monday, July 16th, and plan to do it for 30 days straight (week days and weekends) unless I go out of town. We'll see how our travel plans shape up toward the end of the 30 days...

Welcome to the group!

Replies

• 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'll join, I just did day 10 of level 1 today. I'm going to move one to level 2 in a couple days...

I'm Shan, 24, Mother of 1, 4 year old girl :) I work full time and and I live in Alberta, Canada. I've been using mfp since march. Although I lost my motivation for all of June because of personal reasons. I'm back at it! I've lost 55 lbs since September of last year, 30 of those being from mfp. I am still looking to lose around 20-25 more pounds and tone up.

Thanks for making this group!
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Danielle. I've been on MFP since March and lost about 11 pounds through diet changes. Now I'm looking to maintain my weight and get fitter so I can replace some fat with muscle. I started 30DS for the first time on Tuesday. I've been doing it once a day each day so this morning was level 1 day 5. I plan to do it every day but we'll see how it goes when I go on vacation in August.

I'm a full time tax accountant in Boston MA so I spend a lot of time sitting on my butt. At home, I have a 9 month old pittie mix who has endless energy and keeps me on my toes.

Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • botaijm
    botaijm Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm Jennifer I am 38. I have 3 beautiful daughters 12, 10, and 3.
    I lost 18 lbs last year and gained back 8 through the holidays. I never reached my goal weight before I gave up working out. I hit that plateau and stopped. But I really want to get healthy and be in shape so I can keep up with my kids.
    I'm 5'6", my current weight is 155 and I haven't lost any weight yet but I have lost an inch. I'm not going to be discouraged this time about the weight I'm focusing on being healthy and in shape.
    I started the 30DS on the 13th. I've taken 1 day off so I just did my day 8 today.
    I can say it is getting easier, but I'm scared of level 2.
    Along with the Shred I'm doing 20 min on the elliptical.
    I'm excited to have this group to share the experience with!:smile:
  • monasuli
    monasuli Posts: 99
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Mona and I am 17 years old, I am a student.The reason I want to lose weight is because I don't feel comfortable in my body anymore. Another reason is my old clothes that I love don't fit me, they are so tight, So hopefully with the 30 day shred I will start wearing them again.
    I am starting the 30 day shred tomorrow and thinking about doing it twice a day as I have a very important place to visit.

Thanks for making this group, we can support each other! :smile:
  • Maryirene16
    Options
    Hi, I am mary, I am a stay at home mom to 6 boys. 4 fulltime and 2 teens who live with their dad.
    I am busy dealing with a handicapped child but am trying to find ways to get a little alone time. I started the 30ds shred to help with muscle.
    I had done 4 days in June but my niece came to stay and was hard having her here to get into it. This time I started on the 16th but have not done it every day.
    I missed 2 since days this week. As my son gets bigger its getting hard for me to handle him. I am wanting to lose some weight,inches and feel better.
    My diets are crazy due to finding recently I have Ibs and most likely food allergys. I have had 5 c-sections so I want to get my stomach as in a food as shape as I can.
  • awomaame25
    awomaame25 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    hi, my name is Barbara, am a mom slash student nurse, my daughter is 11 months old, i just want to change the way i weigh and look.i'm on day 6 level 1, but i the 30 DS in the morning and NMTZ in tue evenings, but i have that time because we r on vacation, schoop resumes next Wednesday so we'll see how it goes.
  • sewhappymomma
    Options
    Hi I'm Frankie. I'm a wahm to 2 boys. They are 5 and 1. I started the 30 DS on the 17th. I did lv1 day 5 today. Every day has gotten easier and I am less sore each day but getting better at each exercise..

In the past I would have given up after day 1 because I was so sore. I would have given every excuse in the book to take a day off. This time I feel like everything is so official. I took before pics and wrote down my measurements. Every day I report to my sister best friend. And my husband and mfp. If my sister does not here from me she bugs ne to keep on. I finally have the support system I need and my husband has been proud of my dedication.

I am starting to see changes already and that is both amazing and impressive to me. Keeps me motivated to keep on. :)

Lets do this together !!
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm Kristin. Married to my US Marine for 3 years. Have a 2 year old daughter. Work as a receptionist for an accounting firm in beautiful SoCal. I didn't start when I wanted to, but will be starting up later this week. Just need to recover and I'll be back on track in no time.
  • elispine
    elispine Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm Elisabeth, a mother of two, 8 and 5 and work full time as an Office Administrator. I'm doing 30 DS for the second time. I did it in June before vacation with good results. This time around I am trying to do the advanced, I'm on Level 1 Day 5.
  • vikkibaptie
    vikkibaptie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm a little late signing up but I'm glad I found a group for the date I started the 30DS.

I'm Vikki, I'm 28 and live in Newcastle UK. I work as a marketing manager and I'm just coming up to 6 months with my boyfriend. Good going after being single for 6 years lol! From September to November last year I lost 2 stone doing the atkins and managed to keep most of it off. Of course though not paying attention I put on around 7lbs since meeting my boyfriend, but I'm looking forward to getting fit and looking good in my bikini for my holiday in Marakesh mid September!

Taking a rest day today after 12 days in a row but I'll be back on it tomorrow.
  • hopsanddreams
    Options
    Vikki - ok... I have an ignorant American question... and I guess I could just google it, but how many pounds is a stone? I keep reading it in books (I just got through "Can You Keep A Secret?" by Emily Giffin for the 2nd time. I love it... it's my brain candy!) and I'm just curious.

Oh, and Marakesh??? Jealous!