Who doesn't lift weights?

Options
I do other exercise - cardio based fitness classes, but no lifting - as yet.

Who else doesn't?

Replies

• Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I do, but not heavy, so not sure if it counts, 15lb dumbells for squats, 60 lbs on dead lifts. I got NROLFW & have been doing that during reset bc I thought I read to cut cardio to avoid having to eat back those cals.
  • TNDamisi
    TNDamisi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't - in addition to my cardio stuff, I do yoga and before, I did body weight strength training.
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I'M a runner but i do add strength training to my workout with dumbbells and exercise using my body weight
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Can't do it because my left side is paralyzed. I may be abkle to do the legs eventually but not the kleft arm.
  • Sweetsys
    Sweetsys Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I don't because of rotator cuff surgery. Do other cardio & stregnth like squats & sit ups, but even sit ups cause me problems. Any suggestions for exercises for stregnth without using my shoulder would be great.
  • nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Not me...not yet. Just cardio and lots of running up and down the stairs here in the house. I've still lost 5 pounds so far doing EM2WL....and still going!
  • TonyaBtrfly
    TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I can't lift weights due to a previous surgery. I do 3-4 30 minute cardio sessions on the elliptical every week. I have lost 9 lbs and 17" doing EM2WL!
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    The most weight lifting I tend to do is Body Pump classes, which I don't think really counts? I really want to start NROLFW but at the moment am a little bit too scared of the weights section at my gym...
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I do several sets of push ups every other day, but I don't do any sort of lifting. I've tried....many times. I hate it.
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I don't lift, but I do strength train with my knock off total gym (Jillian Michaels Body Shop). I know some people think those are worthless, but I know I am seeing results, so I'll stick with it :-) I also do cardio 5X per week (25mins on strength training days, 45 on non-strength days).
  • each_day_stronger
    each_day_stronger Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I don't yet, but I'm hoping to soon! For now I just do body weight stuff like pushups and things, also I sometimes just make my own weights lifting various heavy things around the apartment.
  • Kathy801
    Kathy801 Posts: 1
    Options
    Does bodypump not count? that's a shame! I do bodypump 2 - 3 times a week. I really love it and I think being in the class environment makes you work harder than trying to do it on your own in the gym. It's a good introduction to lifting weights anyway as I had no idea before I started bodypum.
  • fattofit20
    fattofit20 Posts: 86
    Options
    I don't. I've mostly done cardio/walking at a fast pace. I do have 5 pound dumbells but I have no idea what I'm doing with them so I just stopped doing anything. I'm not sure how to lift weights really. I never had a weight issue before and never had to exercise so I'm pretty new at all of it!
  • bossymomd
    bossymomd Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Tina - I use 5lb dumbells..... Scoobysworkshop has some great pages on how to do proper bicep curls & tricep curls. I started with these because I have a larger upper body and wanted to work on more muscle strength and toning in my arms. I've also started doing a dumbell fly with the 5lb weights....I don't think we will be building tremendous muscle but if I can tone up more while losing, I'm a happy camper....I started with 3lb weights and worked my way up....I am almost to the point of moving up to a 6 or 8lb weight....slow and steady....there are tons of websites that have great information. fitnessblender is another one as well as bodybuilding.com good luck!
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I don't life weights, aside from the 15 pounders I have that I don't use that often. I do however do bodyweight exercises.
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I don't. I used to speedwalk and running for awhile but now I'm extremely sedated because I have a bad back. Most of the time when I got up from bed/chair my back hurt and sometimes the pain goes to my left knee too. There are some days I don't feel it though but then soon, the pain comes back later another day. :\