Help! with numbers

Options
I have looked into this many times, but I for one don't know what to use for activity level. I normally run 6mph 20 mins or so 3 times a week. But I don't have time to do this every week.

I am currently
145 lbs
5.5.5"
Desk job

I also play noncompetive vb twice a week and softball once a week.

Replies

• meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    Options
    I have looked into this many times, but I for one don't know what to use for activity level. I normally run 6mph 20 mins or so 3 times a week. But I don't have time to do this every week.

I am currently
    145 lbs
    5.5.5"
    Desk job

Because you do the volleyball and softball, I would bet you are doing at least 3 hours of exercise per week. I would go with moderate.
  • cvanbeek
    cvanbeek Posts: 107
    Options

I am currently
    145 lbs
    5.5.5"
    Desk job

Because you do the volleyball and softball, I would bet you are doing at least 3 hours of exercise per week. I would go with moderate.

How much should I be eating?
    BMR 1476

harrison bendict so
    1476*1.5 =2214
    20% = 443
    so I should intake 1771 ish?

Is this right or wrong?
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options

I am currently
    145 lbs
    5.5.5"
    Desk job

How much should I be eating?
    BMR 1476

harrison bendict so
    1476*1.5 =2214
    20% = 443
    so I should intake 1771 ish?

Is this right or wrong?

I went to the scooby site and put you as moderate activity with a 15% cut and here are the numbers:

BMR: 1469

TDEE: 2277
    -15% CUT: 1936 (This is the CUT amount that we reccomend)

You should eat 1936 cals each day even on rest days and never NET below BMR - If you do eat until you reach it...Make sense??

1717 would be a 15% CUT for light activity....It sounds like you are at moderate to me...

Best of luck to you!! :)
  • cvanbeek
    cvanbeek Posts: 107
    Options
    Eating 1717 even would really scare me. Mayo clinic says to be maintainence you eat 10* your weight :S