stall?

Options
adrie315
adrie315 Posts: 12 Member
Hey Im new to this group just looking for support and ideas from other LC'ers. This is now the beginning of my fifth week of the Atkins diet and I have been strict with his exact guidelines. For the past week and a half Ive been at a stop, going up and down fluctuating between a pound. I actually started exercising this past week too so I was really hoping for some weight loss..I thought maybe because I added the exercise I would maybe be losing inches not so much in the scale, but no luck I also have the same exact measurements.. has anyone else had this problem of stalling? and any ideas on what I can do to get past this?

Replies

• susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    yep - stalls are normal (unfortunately) - and adding in exercise is probably making for some water retention in your muscles. my only advice is patience. if you're doing all the right things - and you haven't had a carb creep or maybe got lax with your food measurements, then it'll come off eventually.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    If it is going up and down, up and down, most likely is water retention caused by any number of things. Exercise, sodium, hormones.,
  • kimmbird
    kimmbird Posts: 55
    Options
    Also, remember the first/fast dropping of weight was mostly water with some fat for good measure. Then the water loss drops off and u continue to lose some fat. At some point as I understand, the body will slowly start to replace some of that losed water, while you can also lose fat at the same time, which IMHO is when I stall, like I am now.

I am new at this and don hv all the answers, this is just what I hv come to understand. I do use ketone strips to help me see that I am in ketosis. My metabolism is wacked and LC has freed me from al my food cravings and is now my way of life..my nutritionist tells me to hang in there and my body will switch over to using fat as its energy source, so in the meantime I am enjoying all the wonderful flavors and delights I missed all those years of my eating so called healthy low fat foods ;)

Good luck, hang tough and use how you feel to rate your success :D

Kim