salty taste in my mouth

Options
hello!

i was 80% vegetarian (vegecarnitarian, lol) until i started the atkin's induction three days ago, and i've noticed that my saliva tastes like sea salt.

never read about this. is it just me?

rusty

Replies

• Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Googled:
    atkins salty saliva
    Yields a lot of info.
  • rustythezippergirl
    Options
    thanks bakkasan,

i can't believe i didn't think of google. i found a post which matched my sea water tastebuds exactly, and a reply which said that perhaps i was tasting my saliva for the first time without sugar obliterating its essence.

rusty

:tongue:
  • kimmbird
    kimmbird Posts: 55
    Options
    That is so interesting...thanks for not googeling it! I would of missed this ;)

My big thing is my old tried and try veg soup is way too sweet now. I now see why cabbage is used in soup. The onions are so sweet! Even the zucchini! So I will try cutting down on onions and try a bit of cabbage. I never could eat it before cause it was too bitter. Now I bet that has changed:)
  • spoox71
    spoox71 Posts: 3
    Options
    Interesting, I have a simmilar kind of effect since I started Atkins about 2.5 weeks ago. when I wake up in the morning my entire mouth tastes very salty. I also experience it through out the day that everything inside my mouth is just much more saltier tasting then usual. Is it the ketosis perhaps?
  • rustythezippergirl
    Options
    spoox, i don't know, i've been up and down the ketosis scale [testing with the test strips,] and i still have the salty taste. maybe we're just different, in a good way. no 'sour apple' or sweet taste at all. rusty