New to Medifast and Looking for Friends

Options
smaller_mel
smaller_mel Posts: 10 Member
Hi All!

I've been on MFP for a few months, but just a week ago I started Medifast. I am going to the Weight Loss Center, I love that extra accountability. The counselor there put me on the 4-2-1 Plan. Anyone else on that? I would love to have some Medifast Buddies on here, no matter what stage in the plan you are. I'm down 12 lbs since starting MFP and down 5 lbs since starting Medifast. I'm on such a high today and really want to keep it going.

Melissa:flowerforyou:

Replies

• amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hey chica congrats on your loss so far!!:) You are doing amazing is there a certain reason they have you on the 4-2-1 plan I am on the 5 n 1 plan have been OP for 11 months tomorrow:) My first 7 months I dropped 90 lbs was on and off since April had got down to my lowest of 177 Have been back OP for 5 days dropped 10.2lbs in the last 4 days excited for my weigh in tomorrow for my 11 month Anniversary it has been a journey and I have had ups and downs but I have learned so much:)!! and am personally growing by leaps and bounds:) I am also a coach so anyway I can help let me know;)
  • gaerielsky
    gaerielsky Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm on the 4-2-1 too. I sort of put myself on it because I kept plateauing on 5-1, while working out. Plus, I kept nearly passing out doing while exercising. I think eating 800-1000 and then burning 500+ wasn't a good idea. So I wanted to go totally off but my nutritionist put me on the 4/2/1. It's better. But I am plateauing again. :( Only 1 week so far, though. The other way was 2 mo plateau.
  • JackieMac979
    JackieMac979 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just sent you a friend request, Melissa. I'd love to hear more about the 4/2/1. I only know about 5+1 and that 4+2 exists but I have no idea how that 1 is incorporated with it! lol
    Jackie
  • gaerielsky
    gaerielsky Posts: 20
    Options
    For me, the nutritionist gave me 1 fruit. So that's my 1.

I normally have MF breakfast and morning snack, then L&G lunch, then fruit, then L&G dinner, then MF snack. Although, I have to admit I sometimes forego the MF late night snack because I'm not hungry.
  • WAM777
    WAM777 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss in January 2012 and lost 60 pounds by May 1st by just eating healthy and controlling my portion sizes. Then I quit smoking and couldn't lose any more because I was replacing the smoking with eating. Then a friend of mine who I hadn't spoken with in over a year called one day and told me about his 140-pound loss using Medifast. So, I've given it a try and have lost another 22 pounds for a total of 82 pounds today.

I'm concerned that once I return to "real" normal food that I will regain lost weight. I went off plan last Saturday and gained 2 pounds in a single day. Needless to say, but I'm back on plan now. Am I doomed to be eating Medifast Crunch Bars for the rest of my days?
  • littleredjd
    Options
    You are not doomed to eating crunch bars, but you will need to learn the maintenance diet and the maximum calories you can consume without gaining weight. You will never be able to eat the way you did before or the way you did when you were "younger." That has all changed and your caloric intake will change as you age or with lifestyle changes. For example, a desk job versus a waitress job. There is a specific formula based on your lifestyle, exercise, age, height, weight, and body type. I assume you are not going to a Medifast center, or they would have explained it to you and monitored you for a year once your reached your goal weight.

If you go to this link, you will find an explanation:
    http://www.medifastmedia.com/med/docs/maintenance_guide.pdf

Good luck. You've had great success losing, I wish you great success in retraining yourself to stay thin for life!!
  • cwade1021
    cwade1021 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I'm wondering why anyone would do anything other then 5-1 (I guess other then for heavy exercising). The benefit of medifast is the fat burning state you get in thanks to the perfectly balanced levels in the meals. It is the fat burning state that that keeps you feeling full, lots of energy and most importantly melts the fat away.

Good luck!
  • littleredjd
    Options
    Welcome!

I'm wondering why anyone would do anything other then 5-1 (I guess other then for heavy exercising). The benefit of medifast is the fat burning state you get in thanks to the perfectly balanced levels in the meals. It is the fat burning state that that keeps you feeling full, lots of energy and most importantly melts the fat away.

Good luck!

I AGREE!! But, I thought better of my reply and sent it to you privately instead.....
  • calla130
    calla130 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi Melissa!

Hi Melissa,

It sounds like you're off to a great start! Congratulations and best wishes!

Tammie Shaw
    TSFL Health Coach
    mycoachtammie.tsfl.com
    mycoachtammie@gmail.com
    Better Together!
    Hi All!

I've been on MFP for a few months, but just a week ago I started Medifast. I am going to the Weight Loss Center, I love that extra accountability. The counselor there put me on the 4-2-1 Plan. Anyone else on that? I would love to have some Medifast Buddies on here, no matter what stage in the plan you are. I'm down 12 lbs since starting MFP and down 5 lbs since starting Medifast. I'm on such a high today and really want to keep it going.

Melissa:flowerforyou:
  • ukfan12
    ukfan12 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am also new to Medifast and am looking forward to it. I lost 60 pounds last year but have not lost any more in a while. I thought Medifast can help get me losing again and get me to my goal. I have never reached my weight goal but have tried to many times to count - this time I want it to be different.
  • AunnyAlice
    Options
    Hi everyone. i am Alice. Live in the Washington DC area and attempting to start Medifast for REAL this time. I have basically 2 months of supplies. Getting ready to have my 3rd month of TSFL products mailed to me next week.

Congrats Melissa on your great start! Basically I have learned that all eating lifestyles are different. My nutritionist and I have discussed doing the 4/2 LG aspect on certain days of the week if I am going out etc.

I would love to become "friends" with anyone who can help assist me in keeping me accountable in this journey. I have entered a 12 week weight loss challenge and top prize goes to those who lose 20% or close to it. Last challenge the top prize was $800 plus!

Looking forward to being a part of this group.
  • oviedom81
    oviedom81 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Melissa,

I have been on Medifast for 2 months now. I just changed my MF plan last week to the 4 -2-1, I was on the 5 -1 but I was not losing too much weight since I run a lot. So my coach put me on the 4-2-1 plan, so far I'm loving it it gives me more energy. I will see how it goes for me on Thursday since it is my weigh in day at the center. Welcome
  • andreardr
    andreardr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Hi -- also new to this message board (I've been looking for a place to meet up with other Medifasters but the Medifast page is, frankly, not helpful. Anyhow...I've lost 26 pounds since June 17 on the plan. I'm doing 5-2-2 (although not diabetic, but they recommended it because my BMI was appalling, apparently). I coughed up the bucks for the full program rather than ordering online because I frankly didn't know any better :laugh: and now it's too late to switch. Is anyone else doing 5-2-2? I'll admit I'm counting calories and carbs on it as well...trying to keep to about 900 calories and fewer than 80 carbs but, man, is that carbs part hard!

Nice to meet y'all (I'm from Texas), and hope to chat soon.

-A
  • jasonyovich
    jasonyovich Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just start Medifast 5&1 today. My goal is to lose 71 pounds by February. I'm looking forward to supporting all of you guys and getting support and inspiration from everyone too!
  • ka2ren
    ka2ren Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello! I am somewhat new to Medifast and am looking to make MFP friends who are also on the same journey. I started TSFL in mid-July, fell off the wagon, went on vacation and gained 3 pounds. I have about 50 pounds yet to lose, and restarted 2 days ago. :smile: Looking for friends for accountability, encouragement and support as we do this together!
  • Virgo09
    Virgo09 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just purchased Medifast and plan to start this coming Sunday. I'm looking for MF friends that would like motivation and support...I sure could use some. :laugh: This is my second time attempt on MF but this time I'm determined to lose.
  • peachesarrington
    Options
    Hey WAM777, Don't be concerned about gaining that weight back. You are working with a free coach with Take Shape For Life, right? Hopefully you are integrating the Habits of Health into your program and you will be coached through the transition and maintenance plan back to "regular" food when you reach your goal. This will allow you to maintain that weight loss, without remaining on MF food forever! The transition and maintenance part is MORE important that the actual MF weight loss stage. If you would like more info on this, let me know and I would be happy to forward it on to you.

Peaches Arrington
    Health Coach / RN
  • smaller_mel
    Options
    Welcome!

Good luck!

I am going through the Weight Loss Center. This is what the nutritionist put me on. As I understand it those that have a great deal to lose, should start on the 4-2-1. There are actually a few different plans, not just the 5-1. To give you some idea, my BMR when I started was over 2000 calories/day (that's just to sustain my life and living my normal day). My nutritionist wanted to ease me into the program using the 4-2-1. I still reach ketosis. (I test - as well as know when my body reaches it). Once I hit 30lbs loss I will be switched to the 5-1. I think the Weight Loss Center is the way to go (I've tried both ways). They do blood work, they do body analysis, they really understand what your body needs before putting you on a program. And they over weekly counseling to boot. This is the most success I've ever had. I can't believe I have stuck with it for 4 weeks so far. So if you can afford it, do the weight loss center.
  • smaller_mel
    Options
    :drinker: Hi -- also new to this message board (I've been looking for a place to meet up with other Medifasters but the Medifast page is, frankly, not helpful. Anyhow...I've lost 26 pounds since June 17 on the plan. I'm doing 5-2-2 (although not diabetic, but they recommended it because my BMI was appalling, apparently). I coughed up the bucks for the full program rather than ordering online because I frankly didn't know any better :laugh: and now it's too late to switch. Is anyone else doing 5-2-2? I'll admit I'm counting calories and carbs on it as well...trying to keep to about 900 calories and fewer than 80 carbs but, man, is that carbs part hard!

Nice to meet y'all (I'm from Texas), and hope to chat soon.

-A

Great job on your success so far. I personally love the Center. Yes it was a boat load (I have a LOT to lose - 130lbs - well less now :wink: ) but I appreciate the weekly accountability and have already become so close to the coaches there. Also I am curious, you are doing 5-2-2 but are only eating 900 calories and less than 80 carbs? Have you spoke with your nutritionist? I am doing the 4-2-1 and eat around 1100-1200 calories and 90g carbs/day and am in ketosis and have been averaging 4 lbs/week loss. Now every body is different, but just letting you know what works for me.
  • littleredjd
    Options
    Your center staff will be most knowledgable about what is best for your particular situation, so definitely do what your coach tells you to do. Personally, I like going through the center and the cost at my center for food is comparable to online because they charge less than the online prices. Plus, it is medically supervised so I like knowing a doctor reviews my blood work and file every couple months. Don't worry about exercise until you've been on plan (with no cheats) for several weeks to a month. Of course, there is no harm in asking when you will be elgible to do the 5&1 because your results will really ramp up at that point.