really down at myself starting today and was doing really well

B half a dukan pancake
half scramble egg
1/2 2 slice of bacon

L the other half of
half a dukan pancake
half scramble egg
1/2 2 slice of bacon

then went to the hospital to see family friend that had a heart bypass was feel worried and saw the m&m in the food machine started eating fished the 200g bag on my own :( feel real bad i couldn't last a day :(
been how 2-3 hours now and ate a pack of rice crackers chicken ham and cheese

how to you keep on track when your having a bad day please HELP ME!!!!
going to start again tomorrow if i can

Replies

• blondepsychobrat
    blondepsychobrat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. Start again tomorrow! I failstarted 3 times before I actually started, and am now in week 4.
    It's hard to just switch to a different style of eating when for many years you have been eating all the goodies you are now forbidden to. Let bygones be bygones and start again tomorrow.
    :-)
    Don't let it pull you down, eat properly the rest of the day and don't see this as a gateway to giving up.
    Hang in there, you can do it!
  • Keepinggoing
    Options
    It is difficult if you are hit with something huge on an emotional level, a common reaction is to comfort ourselves with food, so be gentle on yourself, very gentle in this case. You slipped up, but now look forward with fresh determination. Don't be angry with yourself, but accept what happened and move on. We talk about it being a new day, well for you it can be a new hour.:smile:
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. Start again tomorrow! I failstarted 3 times before I actually started, and am now in week 4.
    It's hard to just switch to a different style of eating when for many years you have been eating all the goodies you are now forbidden to. Let bygones be bygones and start again tomorrow.
    :-)
    Don't let it pull you down, eat properly the rest of the day and don't see this as a gateway to giving up.
    Hang in there, you can do it!

We all have an "ooopsie" now and than - you know to take a dukan friendly snack with you now and can prepare better….
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I agree that it helps when you prepare for moments of hunger, especially if you know that you are going to be on the road or away from home. Don't let that one moment of weakness deter you from the program, take control today! We've got your back!!
  • ginnyz1
    ginnyz1 Posts: 49
    Options
    Oh, honey, please DO NOT beat yourself up!!! A family friend in the hospital is so stressful and of course the only thing to eat handy is junk from the vending machine. You were there for your friend and to help support the others who were worried, so you need to not worry about food. Try again tomorrow! It's not like there are no do-overs in dieting!. Once you are more in tune with the program it will seem easier and planning ahead will also get easier. Most hospitals have a cafeteria, so you could possibly find a yogurt or some fat free milk to keep you going in a pinch if this happens again. Good luck, and focus on positive things, like "I was there when my loved ones needed me" not the bad thoughts like " i screwed up my diet".
  • miss0belinda
    Options
    thanks guys
    i did really well today them my brother said you can't have bbq ribs now I'm worry can you have them on the attack phase? i hope so if not then iv failed again!!! just not my week

also any snack idea would be great
  • tarasutherland
    tarasutherland Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thanks guys
    i did really well today them my brother said you can't have bbq ribs now I'm worry can you have them on the attack phase? i hope so if not then iv failed again!!! just not my week

also any snack idea would be great

Hi there Miss - are you still doing Dukan?
    I've been doing it for 7 weeks and am down nearly 12kg (24lb?)
    It can be hard but some days you just need to give yourself a break. The key is that you are learning a little more about what to put in your stomach and how to move your body more. Changing your habits rather than just restricting your diet.

Ribs aren't really the best idea as they are still reasonably fatty and the rib sauces have really high sugar counts!

For snacks, I have boiled eggs, shredded roast chicken, sliced ham, fat free yoghurt, tinned tuna and if it gets dire, beef jerky (but you need to drink lots more water to combat the high salt) and protein bars. Of course, if you are eating enough protein, then you shouldn't be too hungry. Try filling yourself before a meal with a big glass of cold water, consume another with your meal and then another after.

Hope it goes well for you
    tara :)