Day 24 (TUESDAY ) - eat for satisfaction

Options
Fattack
Fattack Posts: 666 Member
Right, all posts should be up now.

Do you ever finish one food and then search for something else because you still want to eat? I know I do! If you typically reach for another bite or seconds before you finish your first portion, your food can't do its job. For the brain to achieve satisfaction, you need to eat slowly, pay attention to what you're eating, and, in turn, appreciate your food. Give yourself to really enjoy your food, give yourself PERMISSION rather than feeling guilty. But remember, eating when you need emotional soothing can often lead to your feeling frustrated, rather than healed.

TASKS:

1. Recall a food / type of meal that's usually highly satisfying for you.
2. Write a few words or sentences that describe how it feels to be satisfied by food.
3. Eat or drink at least one thing today with the intention of feeling satisfied. Appreciate the food and allow yourself to feel totally fulfilled by eating it.

Replies

• Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    A type of food that's usually really satisfying for me is an Iranian stew called Gormeh Sabzi. It's a delicious meat, herb and kidney bean stew made with dried limes, it's succulent and tangy at the same time, and delicious with rice.
    To feel completely satisfied by food, well, it feels like you've accomplished something, that' you're not hungry for any more, and that you really enjoyed your meal.
    I don't really have anything to hand to eat with the intention of feeling really "satisfied" especially as today is my first day back on plan after my holiday... I'll try this another time!
  • kimannabella
    kimannabella Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i feel that way about Scottish butteries, purchased some for tomorrow morning with the intention of enjoying them slathered in raspberry jam with my morning coffee.