Not seeing any results after 1 month

laracroftminx
laracroftminx Posts: 17 Member
I am 35 year old female. I have just completed month 1 and about to start the Recovery week. I started at 122lb and am still 122lb! I was 23% body fat and am still 23% body fat!

I am not sticking religiously to the nutrition plan but have certainly cut out "treat foods". I tend to be able to have 3 x 300 calorie "meals" during the day and a 600 calorie meal in the evening. I also walk my dog everyday 2 x 40 minute brisk walks including a lot of up-hill.

Really disappointed I am not seeing the results. I am pretty fit anyway and my normal routine (before i started Insanity) would be 20 minutes cardio followed by 40 minutes weight training and then another 10-20 minutes cardio. However I work long hours and there just aren't enough hours in the day for me to do this on top of Insanity so have opted to complete Insanity and pretty much give up the weights for the 2 months.

I carry my weight on my stomach and this is still where it stays - anyone help???

Replies

• trkinsley
    trkinsley Posts: 124 Member
    Continue what you're doing for the next week before you despair. Many people lose very little until the recovery week. Month 2 is when it cranks up considerably, as well. Just hang in there for a little while longer.
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    I would say it must be WHAT you eat. Have you checked with a nutritionist?
  • laracroftminx
    Thanks for your replies.
    I can guarantee you it is not what I eat. I have studied nutrition myself and we are always very careful about what we eat. During Insanity I have been extra good and have cut out anything that I did eat that was "naughty". I have tried eating 5 x 300 calorie meals as in the nutrition plan but unfortunately this isn't practical with my work /home life. I do eat 3 small healthy 300 calorie "meals" at breakfast, mid-morning and lunch. I then have a healthy 600 calorie evening meal. All very healthy - I promise.
  • heyitsadam
    heyitsadam Posts: 70 Member
    You and I are at about the EXACT same spot in the INSANITY workout. Yesterday was my first day in recovery week.

The only difference is that I am RELIGIOUS about staying below 1800 net calories and I have one CHEAT meal a WEEK (which usually means dinner of Friday where I have seconds and a beer).

I've lost 22 pounds and about 4 inches on my waist in the first month. it works. It really does. And I was a FIERCE weightlifter (my doc told me to give up the weights for a month because of a pinched nerve and I went with INSANITY because of the lack of weights).

Try FLIPPING your calorie schedule. Eat the BIG meal in the morning. That's what I try and do... bigger breakfast... and then at night, I'm basically snacking on grapes, apples, and bananas or protein shakes. You have ALL DAY to work off that big meal.
  • laracroftminx
    Thanks Adam - I only tend to eat the bigger meal at night because then I eat with hubby. However its definitely worth a shot. Yes we are on the exact same spot on Insanity. Guess maybe I'm finding it hard to shift the weight as its only about 10lb I want to lose. Had a terrible "cheat night" yesterday as it was a friends birthday - way to much wine!!
  • CurlDiva
    CurlDiva Posts: 33 Member
    I completely agree with Adam. The bulk of your calories and carbs should occur in the morning. Shaun T was on doctor oz and showed the way to balance out your protein, carb, fat and thoughout the day and he is admomate that dinner should be mostly veggies and protein while carbs should be loaded in the AM. http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/miracle-plan-your-best-body-pt-2
    is the episode of how to eat for his programs and maximum weight loss.
  • laracroftminx
    Thank you - I'll give it a watch. I just need to lose the last 10lbs. Been stuck around the 9 stone mark for few years now and just want to get rid of my belly. I feel much fitter and I am currently at 8st 9 but was 8st 11 when I started Insanity. Still body fat of 23% ish. I'm sure I look more "toned" but the numbers just don't add up
  • CurlDiva
    CurlDiva Posts: 33 Member
    Lara, you may be like me. I don't show it neccesarily on the scale because I build muscle quickly. So my weight may even go up at times. My most reliable date has always been the measuring tape and the DH. I think you look great and the belly will line up soon enough....I was able to listen to the cardio plyometrics (because usually Im concentrating on form and tuning out the personal stories) but one of the girls on the tape Shaun pointed out she had never worn a sports bra before Insanity...I thought wow! That's motivation. Just stick with it...your body is still shaping and girl you look awesome!
  • Im on Week 2 of Month 2 and I have lost 1lb total! I have to admit that I have not followed the nutrition plan perfectly but I have lost 13inches from my stomach, arms, hips etc... I've been told the the number on the scale shouldnt be your biggest worry. With Insanity we are buidling lots of muscle and muscle weighs a lot. Maybe take measurements and judge from there?...
  • I have lost a total of like 18 inches all over! I am starting week 4, and notice huge changes in my tape, even though my scale says I've gone up in weight. I've also lost 3.3% body fat! KEEP IT UP! you're doing it!
  • laracroftminx
    Thanks everyone - I certainly feel like its working just disappointed on the Body Fat front. Today though I ache all over so something is definitely working!
  • Saran1464
    Saran1464 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm with u on not seeing results. I'm on day 24, and even though I feel a lot better, I'm not really seeing much!! I've lost some weight, but if I was able to SEE something that would definitely motivate me even more! Plus I have a gym in the bldg where I work, and I usually go up there 3 to 4 times a week on top of my 5am INSANITY!!!! So I'm really looking for some visible results, but I'm not gonna stop, PLUS, I plan on doing it again as soon as my 60days R up, but I'm gonna add some weight trainning to my daily workout!!!