Started insanity2day! Less than60day?Good or bad idea?

Hi I started insanity today, I already train quite often sometimes twice a day (gym cardio/weights and boxing). I am going on holiday in about 40 days and thinking of smashing insanity in that time? I've done the first fit test and first workout today (morning 7am and evening 6pm) I'm aching like mad but I like that! Don't want to overtrain and jeopardise my results tho? Any suggestions? I'l put pics up soon. X

Replies

• laracroftminx
    laracroftminx Posts: 17 Member
    I too train a lot - weights, spinning, circuits, etc. I started Insanity a month ago and am on the recovery week at the moment (which is still hard by the way).

On my first week on Insanity I missed a day so thought to myself I would do 2 the next day - ummmm there was NO WAY I could do it - I would have been exhausted. Your body needs time to recover - let it.

Saying that................... I haven't had the results I envisaged so I have started going back to the gym and doing a few weights which I think has done me some good.

Hope you get on OK with it!
  • Tommytoon
    Tommytoon Posts: 4
    Thanks for the reply, yeh I know what u mean. I'm on day 2 but done the fit test and 2 workouts, on circuit recovery 2moro which is a day ahead schedule but was supposed to be boxing tonight- no chance!!! Aching solo much gota be a good thing tho haha. I'm going to keep doing my weight training on top of insanity I know I could possibly over train but need the weights!! Good luck with all ur training!
  • Tommytoon
    Tommytoon Posts: 4
    P.s. How is your diet on the programme? My diet is quite good so not too worried about that but I have some big third coming up like my bday, sisters wedding few more events that will involve partying! Alcohol! How badly do u think that will effect my results?
  • laracroftminx
    laracroftminx Posts: 17 Member
    I tried only drinking alcohol once a week but that soon went out the window - I have cut down a great deal though. My diet is normally good anyway - I tried to follow the 5 x 300 calorie meals a day but again this just didn't fit in with my life. I just make sure I don't have any "treats" and avoid the chocolate, cakes etc that people offer me. I don't have anything like that in the house anyway. When I know I am going out with friends or family I make sure that i do a little extra cardio or weights just so that I don't go over my calorie goal.

Good luck. I'll add you if thats ok