Light Flat Out Wraps

Options
bcmlam1001
bcmlam1001 Posts: 118 Member
I found these at Wal Mart and they have 16 carbs and 9 fiber so 7 net carbs.
Think they are safe?
I can think of 20 different ways to eat them I am just a little nervous because I
have not been eating hardly any bread at all. I am keep it at 100g/day or less
for maintenance.

Replies

• TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    They are really good! I used to eat them all the time until I found Joseph's Lavash bread and pita's. They are even lower in carb but the Flat Out wraps are a little thicker. Carb Balance tortillas and La Tortilla Factory low carb/high fiber tortillas are also an option. I LOVE tortillas so I had to hunt some w/ low carbs.
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    you are on maintenance. i don't see why they would be a problem.. just make sure to watch the rest of your intake.
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    They are really good! I used to eat them all the time until I found Joseph's Lavash bread and pita's. They are even lower in carb but the Flat Out wraps are a little thicker. Carb Balance tortillas and La Tortilla Factory low carb/high fiber tortillas are also an option. I LOVE tortillas so I had to hunt some w/ low carbs.

Joseph's is good stuff.

See if you can find yourself Cedar's Whole Wheat wraps. Really moist and chewy. Great for making a pizza.
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    or you could try making flax seed wraps...Just as good as wholemeal wraps and only 1 gr carbs and 5 gr fibre..
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    or you could try making flax seed wraps...Just as good as wholemeal wraps and only 1 gr carbs and 5 gr fibre..

Do you have a recipe for us jonski?
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Exactly the same recipe for the flax muffins in a minute...But my wraps take 100 secs..

1/4 cup flaxseeds
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    10g Bertolli light (or teaspoon walnut oil)
    1 egg

Mix the flax, baking powder and bertolli (or oil) in a bowl...add 1 egg...Mix well again..Put on a microwaveable plate or sandwich box ( i use a silicon pizza dish)...Cook on high for 1 minute and 40 secs (trial and error But this works great with my microwave)

add topping of your choice (bacon n eggs :bigsmile: )

Put on plate
    eat
    enjoy
    ;o)
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I personally think that if the ingredients of the wrap has wheat, you should probably just stay away.
  • fugaj01
    fugaj01 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Wow- thanks Jonski- that's interesting...something I'd never think of!
  • rustythezippergirl
    Options
    i went to walgreen's specifically because they were listed on the flatout site as a retailer. they were out of the light, and only carry two types anyway. lol i asked the cashier when they get them in, and: this is weird. at least to me. he said they were already in the back, but were being thawed out for sale the next day.

fresh-frozen, hmmm. i should have asked him for a package, since i could freeze them anyway. flatbread freezes and thaws better than any bread i've ever had.