Started EM2WL 30 days ago....

Options
So I started EM2WL 30 days ago and i've gained almost 5 lbs!!! I heard you gain in the beginning but when do you start to lose? Its hard to stay positive and keep going when the scale keeps going up. But i've made it this far and don't want to give up. I haven't redone my measurements yet so I don't know if i've lost any inches. Hopefully I will get to do them this weekend.

Replies

• SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    How long were you on low-cal prior to EM2WL? Did you go straight to cut or all the way to TDEE? Hang in there. It's soooo worth it!
  • Sji19109
    Sji19109 Posts: 13
    Options
    I was just eating what ever not counting prior to this. Also i'm at the 20% cut.
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Just wondering, are you paying attention to your macros? Particularly protein & carbs? It's very common to up cals by eating heaps more carbs and that prob won't do you many favours.

But like Sweatpants said, you've gotta hang in there because it IS worth it!! Your body has to adjust to the new patterns.

Also, have you tried looking at measurements instead of the scale? Is it possible you've put on muscle but actually lost some fat? I'm an advocate for not really looking at the scale at all :)
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    It took my body an entire 6 weeks before I started seeing results!! You just have to trust in the process and believe it will work for you!!! Your body will catch on soon enough and you'll be happy you hung in there!!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Try a smaller defecit like 10-15% and stick with that for a good month. If you don't see results after that, then I'd suggest a metabolism reset.

I love your profile pic by the way!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    The gain is perfectly normal if you come from a LCD
    I agree, that you have to up your calories, and if you you wont be losing on the cut, you probably need a reset.
  • Sji19109
    Sji19109 Posts: 13
    Options
    What is LCD? And I should put my cut to 15%? Should I use the weight i'm at now since i've gained?
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    What is LCD? And I should put my cut to 15%? Should I use the weight i'm at now since i've gained?

LCD = low calorie diet

Yes I would do 15% and use the weight you are at now too if you are staying at that weight consistently.