Losing This weight so i can be a beautiful bride

Options
sillsy91
sillsy91 Posts: 7 Member
Hi im Amy and im 21 years old and im getting married in September. Ive had my wedding dress for quite a while now, its a lace up dress and it did fit but was hard to lace up. I was 112.2 kilos when i tried it on the first time. Now 9 weeks later, i tried it on last week and it fits like a dream, it laces up no problem WITH extra lace leftover. As of thismorning i weigh 99.1 kilos. Wedding is just over 2 months away and im aiming for 95 kilos, then after wedding idealy id like to be 85. Is there any other brides to be out there whos losing weight for there wedding. Feel free to share your story or add me :)

Replies

• ToniDat
    ToniDat Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say well done and wishing you all the very best :)
  • Kymmy81
    Kymmy81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to be a beautiful bride too, although my wedding is still about 15 months away. Although my fiance would love me on our wedding day in whatever shape I might be, I just don't want to look back at my wedding photos and not be happy with how I looked.

I've got lots of weight to lose though, around 37kg or so. So I need every one of those 15 months!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Nice progress Amy, I'm sure you'll look beautiful!

You too Kymmy, I know you'll smash it over the next year - and remember I'm not too far away if you ever need a training buddy to keep you focused! :happy:
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    There's no better motivation than your own wedding! You will both be stunning either way- all brides are radiant!
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Looking back I wish I had done this before my wedding last year .... would have looked so much better in the wedding photos.

Congrats for your loss and future congrats for the special day
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in March 2013. In theory I am meant to be losing weight but the scales aren't agreeing with me at the moment. On the positive side my measuring tape says something different.

Really must get organised for the event. All that I have done is book the venue and buy a dress. Eep
  • LeahMaria26
    LeahMaria26 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Great effort! My wedding is also a major motivator
  • sillsy91
    Options
    Thankyou everyone!! ive got 4 kilos to lose in 8.5 weeks :) im so excited to reach my goal but even more so, to be that beautiful bride and to feel better in myself. <3
  • yayjay
    yayjay Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    thats an awesome effort! i have my brothers wedding in september and then mine in april 2013 so im definately on the weight loss track! it's great to see someone who's really put in the effort and its paid off :)
  • onlythetancan
    Options
    Congrats, my wedding is November. I hope i can get in shape for it too :)
  • Cillamail
    Cillamail Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well done Amy!
    my wedding was a great motivator - I lost 18.5 kg's before my wedding (and now I'm back on track to reach my original goal of 20kgs)
    I bought the dress when I was a size 16 and in the end I had to get it taken in sooo much, it ended up being a size 10-12! It was so worth it though and I look at the pictures and still think "Yes, I was the most beautiful bride that I could be."

Wishing you all the best of luck for your journey, and enjoy the big day! Don't let people tell you "you'll put it all back on after the wedding", you just have to find a new motivation!
  • sillsy91
    Options
    Just letting you all know i reached my goal!! i was 95.5 kilos the week before my wedding :) The day was magical byt he way :heart:
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Just letting you all know i reached my goal!! i was 95.5 kilos the week before my wedding :) The day was magical byt he way :heart:

Well done, congratulations on the big day!

Hopefully this is just the start of the journey (we'll give you a couple of weeks off of the wagon to enjoy the honeymoon though) but after that we want you back here working your butt off like the rest of us! :bigsmile:
  • yayjay
    yayjay Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    your dress was beautiful and you looked terrific!
  • Julzmusic
    Julzmusic Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Congratulations gorgeous!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Great news! Well done! I got to my goal for my sons wedding a couple of months back.