Weekly Challenge: July 23- 29

Options
Pick a level. Set a goal. How much exercise can you get in this week?

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

- "You Are What You Eat" (Rotating Monthly Challenge/RMC July) This month's challenge is to try and identify the most important nutritional challenge you face. Are you good all day but then can't stop snacking at night? Is lack of planning interfering with your diet? Are you planning too strictly and then finding yourself melting down on Saturdays? This week you can earn a ✓ by your name on the results list if you select a nutritional goal and meet it! Take long hard look at food journals and set a goal that makes you healthier and happier.

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

So what are your weekly goals? Are you going to be an Enthusiast, Buff, or Elite?

Fitness Elites:
Jill
★ Paul

Fitness Buffs:
Ellie
Misterbigg36

Fitness Enthusiasts :
★Corey
★Carrie✓
★Debbie ✓
★Sonya
Sara Grace
★Sandra ✓

Replies

• SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

- "You Are What You Eat" (Rotating Monthly Challenge/RMC July) This month's challenge is to try and identify the most important nutritional challenge you face. Are you good all day but then can't stop snacking at night? Is lack of planning interfering with your diet? Are you planning too strictly and then finding yourself melting down on Saturdays? This week you can earn a ✓ by your name on the results list if you select a nutritional goal and meet it! Take long hard look at food journals and set a goal that makes you healthier and happier.

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

So what are your weekly goals? Are you going to be an Enthusiast, Buff, or Elite?

To report in at the end of the week, please fill out this little "form." Thanks!!

Exercise Minutes:
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was)
    "You Are What You Eat" (RMC): (yes or no & if yes, what did you do?)
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5)
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Showing Up is Half the Battle

Leaderboard

Sonya - 320 days
    Ellie - 180 days
    Debbie - 155 days
    Carrie - 140 days
    Paul - 125 days
    Jill - 90 days
    Corey - 35 days
    Sandra - 20 days

**You'll need to report in each Sunday or Monday to be included in the leader board. Let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. I will be updating your numbers in increments of 5 for simplicity's sake.

If you would like to be added to the log in board let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. We will update as we go! Good luck everyone!
  • Leeloominai01
    Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    For last week:

Exercise Minutes: I made 110 minutes exactly
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was) : Stuck to my running programme, despite the treadmill breaking down :bigsmile:
    "You Are What You Eat" (RMC): (yes or no & if yes, what did you do?) I increased my snacks deliberately, which was good, and mostly maintained my focus on eating less fat
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5) 20 days

This coming week:
    Aiming for Enthusiast again
    Personal Goal: Need to complete a set of strength training/cardio training apart from the running programme.
    'You are what you eat" Aiming to not have more than 1 cup of coffee a day; rather replace it with herbal tea.
  • coreyisaacs
    Options

- I'm aiming for Elite this week. I dipped down last week, mainly because me and my alarm clock were having a fight.

Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

- Terrible about eating out. Going to try to limit that for the rest of this week.
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    I'm going for the buff this week.

My food goal is to try and stay between 25-30 on my fiber. I've been going way over.
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'll go back to buff this week :)

you are what you eat - stay gluten and dairy free!

personal - get my 4 mile run in this weekend.
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Sorry that took so long to update! I am going to try to get to the gym more (not hard since I only went once last week). Also I would like to eat in for the rest of the week as my food goal.

Sara Grace
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    I am going to try for the middle level this time. My food goal is to stay under my carbs 5/7 days this week. My personal goal is to exercise in some form daily. I missed 3 days last week :( so I need to get my head back in the game.
  • saihtnyc
    saihtnyc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the challenge but haven't done it before. I really need to have goals. I like to run but with 3 kids and a FT job and no exercise equipment in my house, I'm having issues fitting it in. So accountability and motivation is key - I do well when I have a goal like a race that I'm signed up for.

I'll go for the Enthusiast beginner level though to ease back in due to time constraints. On maternity leave I was so active but since coming back to work it's been hard. I have not figured out how to exercise regulalry since going back from maternity leave after having kid #3.

My nutritional challenge is eating crap in the office just because it's there in the ofifce kitchen or at a function (yesterday there was a baby shower with snacks and cupcakes). I need to keep healthy snacks on hand so I'm not doing this out of hunger.

Personal goal - sign up for a race or some other tangible goal. My neighbor is trying to sell her Army 10 miler entry so I have to decide if I want to buy it or if I should start with a 10K or 5 miler since I haven't been running lately.
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    This week I am going for Buff.

Personal Goal: My goal is to push myself with strength training, especially with working out my arms!

"You Are What You Eat" (RMC): My biggest problem is staying away from the sweets, especially when I am at work. My goal is to see how long I can go without eating from the sample tray! I want to try and have ZERO chocolate consumption at work for the rest of this week! I am only allowed to eat what is in my lunch bag or fresh fruit that is cut at work (without chocolate!)...I am allowed a little bit of chocolate when I am at home...like my fiber one bars or 100 calories fudge bar.

95 days logged as of today!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    256 minutes for buff this week. Logged for 325 days. Still cannot cut my sweets out. I think I will try just one day a week. :)
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    285 minutes of exercise and 195 days logged.

Completely failed on logging in general so no go on the fiber tracking.
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    This week, exercise logged: 245 minutes

Personal Goal: My goal is to push myself with strength training, especially with working out my arms! check, i started my strength training!

"You Are What You Eat" (RMC): My biggest problem is staying away from the sweets, especially when I am at work. My goal is to see how long I can go without eating from the sample tray! I want to try and have ZERO chocolate consumption at work for the rest of this week! I am only allowed to eat what is in my lunch bag or fresh fruit that is cut at work (without chocolate!)...I am allowed a little bit of chocolate when I am at home...like my fiber one bars or 100 calories fudge bar.

I did manage to not eat any chocolate at work Wed-Sun ;) i had 2 cookies today, so I consider this week sweet challenge a "half win"

100 days logged on Monday :)

95 days logged as of today!
  • Leeloominai01
    Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Last week was a total bust. Only thing I managed was logging my food every day :blushing:

Treadmill was broken (it's fixed now), I came down with a full-blown chesty cold, and I was tired every day so I OD'd on coffee.

But I'm still here!
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!

Here are my totals for the week:

Minutes exercised: 321
    Personal Goal: NOT met :cry: I had wanted to do some form of exercise daily and I did not make it daily I missed 2 days last week.
    Calories burned: I managed to burn 2168 calories this week which isnt too bad.
    Rotating Challenge goal: YES!!: I wanted to stay under my carbs 5/7 days and I did exactly 5/7 days.
    Days logged: 150
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Minutes exercised: 243
    Personal Goal: yes, I managed to do my run yesterday, 4 miles, with only about a minute of it walking
    Rotating Challenge goal: Yes, managed to stay gluten free. I added dairy back in yesterday with no ill effects :bigsmile:
    Days logged: 165
  • coreyisaacs
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 304 minutes
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was) To get in three strength and three cardio routines...which I did.
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5): 40 days logged in