My Older Clothes on this 43 year old Body

Options
aprrae
aprrae Posts: 172 Member
I have had really good success on myfitnesspal and with my workouts over the last 3 months, and have lost 20 pounds and I can fit in clothes that I haven't worn in years. These were clothes that I wore in my 20s and 30s before I had kids. Even though I fit in the clothes, I feel a bit strange wearing skirts/shorts that are short; shirts that are tight. When you hit 40, are there some things that we should just not wear??

I don't want to be one of those ladies that is trying to dress to young for her age, but I also am proud of setting some goals and reaching them.

Replies

• bcameron112
    bcameron112 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you'r comfortable wear, if your not then don't. What is the point in losing all this weight to still feel unhappy and uncomfortable in your clothes. Good friends/family will tell you if it doesn't suit you - well mine do lol. Well done on the weight loss.
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    It's all about how you feel and a bit of common sense. I wouldn't wear a short skirt to work but I have no problem wearing one to go out to dinner or a lounge with friends. I do usually wear tights underneath though. I find that it makes me less self-conscious if I have the tights on just in case the skirt rides up a bit when I'm sitting down. It's not attractive to be tugging on your hem all night in my opinion.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weightloss! While I *can* fit in some on my clothes that I wore in my 20s, I'm really not trying to wear baby doll dresses with Doc Martens anymore. :laugh: I say reward your hard work and buy some new clothes that you feel comfortable in.
  • knittingbandmom
    knittingbandmom Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Oh age is just a number. I'm 48 now but when I WAS 40 and fit you betcha I wore shorter skirts and sexier clothes. If you try them on and they look good on you wear them. I agree with not wearing the short skirts to work because that was more of a "professional" environment but when I went out to have fun or to the movies I looked pretty darn good for my age.

The question I am asking myself is when I lose the weight and get back in shape again will I want to wear them now lol. I probably will if I'm comfortable in them although then I had gone through a very hurtful divorce and was a size 2 just from the stress. I'm hoping for a healthier 6 or 8 now. It's weird I was always fit, got divorced and dropped even more then put the weight on - go figure.

Enjoy shopping from your closet! It's free :-)
  • angiezturn
    angiezturn Posts: 49
    Options
    Go For it!! We aren't dead after 40. I just turned 43 and you bet when I lose the rest of this weight I'll be sporting some lil skirts!