Introducing myself

Options
Hello fellow forties people. I have been on MFP for a little while now and I have decided to get involved in some groups. So, here I am!

Replies

• aggie65
    aggie65 Posts: 6
    Options
    I am new to MFP. I am 46 yrs old, and I have to say that it sure seems harder to loose weight as I get older.
  • raeCR
    raeCR Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am new here and I am about to turn 42. Yes, it is so much harder losing weight at this age. I wish I listened to all the people who warned me my metabolism would change as I got older.
  • GoJo65
    GoJo65 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome all! Yes-much harder to lose weight past a certain age-at least for me & now hormonal crap thrown in not helping matters!

But I refuse to eat like a brid & not enjoy my food..I work out to basically maintain right now so at least its something.
  • rebyork
    rebyork Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, Im new here too. Im hoping this will help me out on my wl journey!!:happy:
  • akomom
    akomom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new here too. I've been on diet sites before but mainly used them for tracking. This time around I'm taking a different approach and I am reaching out for support online, and I decided to use my gym membership and meet people there too instead of just letting the membership tag decorate my key chain. I think I didn't reach my goals before because I didn't reach out for help and my goals were kind of all or nothing-too big. I am breaking my goals down into very small chunks and right now my goals for August are to get moving and try and touch my toes by the end of the montht. I feel really energized and excited, ready to get going!
  • Stpjudge
    Stpjudge Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP. I am 46 yrs old, and I have to say that it sure seems harder to loose weight as I get older.

Amen to that Aggie65. I used to be able to lose 3-5 lbs a week, now I work my tail off and am happy for a 1 lb loss. Sigh, youth truly is wasted on the young. :)
  • drsdghtr
    drsdghtr Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi all! I am fairly new to the site and I am loving it. MFP makes me feel more in control and aware of what I am eating but more importantly the amount I eat. I am 41 and want to get my weight in check so I can enjoy my "golden years"!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    WELCOME ALL! FEEL FREE TO ADD ME!
  • ndetmer
    ndetmer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Certainly can add me.
  • yerfgirl
    yerfgirl Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm newish to MFP. About 2 weeks on the site. I am surprised by the reality of weight loss at this stage in life. Especially when I dont't "feel" 40-ish. Ah well, I guess that will make me very proud of each pound lose toward my goal. Please feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • leaann3
    leaann3 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm Lea Ann. I just joined MFP yesterday. I'm 44 years old, wife, teacher, mom of three and weigh a heck of a lot more than I'd like. I need all the help I can get to stay motivated to exercise and eat right before I start paying with my health!