Success AFTER Body Revolution

Options
Mira710
Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
I can't believe it has been 8 weeks since I finished the program! I've gotta say that Body Revolution really changed my life. It helped me establish a routine of including health and fitness into EVERY day. I have stayed on track (with the exception of getting sick twice and needing a break from exercising) and lost more pounds and inches! My new workout program includes rotating between every single Jillian Michaels DVD (including BR twice a week) and eating around 1400 calories per day.

On Body Revolution I lost 22 pounds and 31 inches. In the past 8 weeks since the program I have lost another 9.6 pounds and 9.5 inches and have gone down another pant size. I'm especially pleased with the 2 inch loss on both my waist and belly. Now 13 pounds away from my goal I am as motivated as ever to continue to work hard and eat right. Hoping to reach my goal weight in 3 months!

I wanted to start this thread so that others can share their success (or challenges) since completing the program and possibly inspire current body revolutioners to stick with the program and maintain their healthier lifestyle. Whether you are completing another round of BR or a whole new program like P90X, I'd love to hear from you!

Replies

• ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    That is great! I am just starting the JMBR, only on Day 3, but I am so optimistic about the program! Esp when I hear great success stories like your's!!

I have done the first phase of Insanity and I really enjoyed that, I think you should check it out!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    That is so great, thank you for posting this. I am finishing phase 2 and have been worried that once I am done phase 3 I will back off on my intensity and backslide. I really don't want to do that. I'm glad to hear you have kept up the progress.
    I am on the fence between starting p90X right away, or spending the fall rotating JM DVDs plus some Bob Harper. Like you, Body Rev has been my "gateway drug" lol. I kinda want to stick around with this group, these are great people!

Keep it up!
  • mayday1969
    mayday1969 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    What a great thread! I have been finished with my first go round for a month now. I have maintained my weight, but have lost a little more in inches. I am doing the BR videos in an accellerated form. One week for each of the 2 discs (ex. disc 7 and 8) instead of 2. I will do this 2 times for the 12 weeks. I never even have the thought about not working out.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    What a great thread! I have been finished with my first go round for a month now. I have maintained my weight, but have lost a little more in inches. I am doing the BR videos in an accellerated form. One week for each of the 2 discs (ex. disc 7 and 8) instead of 2. I will do this 2 times for the 12 weeks. I never even have the thought about not working out.

I like the idea of this method! I want to keep up my fitness level without getting bored, this is a fun idea.
  • mayday1969
    mayday1969 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    That was my thoughts exactly. There are so many DVDs in BR, one shouldn't get bored.
  • Maiello1970
    Maiello1970 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I am about to begin phase 2, and the last month has been amazing! Can't wait to reach my 90 day mark and post my successes!
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I just finished last week.

Next week I will start training for my half marathon. I will do 4 days a week of running and two days of JMBR. I will still do the 90 program but do the dvd one time a week instead of two.
  • aprrae
    aprrae Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread. I finish JMBR next Monday and am planning on keeping it going by repeating phase 2 & 3. I love that I have established a new workout routine and now make exercise part of everyday. I hope to keep it up for months/years to come.
  • radioraven
    radioraven Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I didn't know what to do with myself once I finished.....so I started BR at week 3 over again for the month of June, made it to week 8. For July I experimented with TurboJam, but like Jillian's kickboxing way better, so I try and do 2 Jillian workouts a day....either kickboxing fast fix, or anything else she has on DVD, I have all of them! Lately, I'm incorporating Bob Harper into the mix as well. I'm down another pants size, and I think??? 10 pounds since I ended the first round of Body revolution. Summer and kids home from school have kinda switched up my routine a bit. Easier for me to do a 20 minute workout, check on everyone, then if time/kids permit, I'll do another. Maybe in the fall/winter I'll do another full round of BR when I can concentrate on just me and working out when the kids are in school.