Bare foot or tennis shoes?

Options
Is there anything against doing Insanity (or any indoor exercise for that matter) bare foot?

I do it barefoot, because my tennis shoes got too big and my feet slide around in them. I feel like I have more balance and control bare foot.

I suppose I could go out and get some new tennis shoes, but is there anything wrong with that?

Just curious :)

Replies

• Osulindsay21
    Osulindsay21 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I do it barefoot on carpet in my living room. I was a gymnast for many years so I'm used to running and jumping barefoot. Jumping exercises with shoes on feels clunky to me.
  • Kristihub
    Kristihub Posts: 46
    Options
    I have been barefoot (or in yoga socks) since about Day 4.... This week (Recovery), my feet hurt. But everything hurts. I'm having a down week physically.

Maybe it's from my many years as a gymnast too. My sports of choice, gymnastics and swimming.... no foot gear :)

I don't like jumping or quick stepping to the side in shoes. I tried and bought cross trainers with minimal grip...still prefer barefoot.
  • HeatherHoskins
    HeatherHoskins Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it barefoot because my arch hurts when I wear shoes while working out. About week 2 all the little muscles in the top of my feet were killing me but it didn't last long. Just some more muscles getting stronger!