weigh in daily or weekly?

Options
Imeojeda
Imeojeda Posts: 8 Member
I'm following the Atkins plan, I'm on day 9 of induction and have lost 6lbs so far (I only have 30-40lbs to lose). since the book says I will be losing a lot of weight during the first 2 weeks so I've been getting on the scale every morning for motivation, most days I see a change and get super excited but I'm wondering if I should continue doing this. At some point the scale will stop moving every day and I know i will get discouraged.

How are you guys doing your weigh-in during induction?

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i weigh everyday, but i only log when i lose.
    my weight fluctuates SO MUCH. i don't know if it's the scale, too much salt or whatever, but it sucks!
  • Imeojeda
    Imeojeda Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, my weight fluctuates as much as 2lbs from one day to the next one. I don't know if this is water retention, salt or whatever, but yes it does suck ! you have made such a big progress though..25 lbs is great!!
  • Giggles40
    Giggles40 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week :-) My weight fluctuates also.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'm a serial weigher and I'm trying to not weigh for 30days to break my habit. My weight fluctuates so much and it drives me crazy
  • Anniel88
    Anniel88 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and log it in excel. I only weigh-in on Thursdays of a new 'plateau'. My weight fluctuates daily, but I like to see the trends for my Hashimoto's just so I know if my levels are getting quirky. I would like to point out that my weight loss graph looks like a heart rate monitor at the hospital with the peaks and drops. It slowly goes down over time if I eat right so I add in a 7 point (weekly) average to actually see my progress over time.

I find this gives me a clearer picture of my actual loss and fluctuations. I find it very depressing if I am always weighing in on the high spikes. If you weigh in daily, you just have to understand that a lot of that is just normal fluctuations of water weight.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh every day, it drove me nuts so I switched to weekly.

Then I just did it when I felt like it and now the number is pretty much irrelevant to be honest.

I actually put on weight at the last check-in, this would be discouraging had I not been seeing real progress and some muscles I hadn't seen for some considerable time. :)

I wish I'd tracked measurements now as these would have told me more than just a single number.

When I get down to what I think is good shape then I'll hop on and see what the number is just for curiosity and so I can keep an eye on myself in the future.
  • TRANGEL79
    TRANGEL79 Posts: 3
    Options
    I weigh in once a week (Mondays). I have learned from past experiences that if I weigh myself more than once a week and do not lose weight I will give up.