Epically failing with my C25K

Options
cstratton78
cstratton78 Posts: 7 Member
While it may sound extreme to call it an Epic Failure... it's what I feel this attempt has been for me personally. I had high hopes for getting motivated, getting busy and getting it DONE. So here's the brutal truth, I set out an objective for myself, starting the same Monday you all started... and I've failed to accomplish more than just ONE single day of C25K so far. Yep, I'm still technically on W1D2 the next time I step foot in the gym.

I'm not sure that I prepared myself well enough. I guess I figured that if I wanted it bad enough, I'd make the time to do it. One run is only 30 minutes tops, right? I should be able to squeeze 30 minutes into my day to do something that I both want and need to be doing...My struggle is to find the "right" time for me. My husband leaves the house for work at 5:30 a.m. and I'm a SAHM, so I can't leave the house to go to the gym, until he returns, usually at 5:30-6:00 p.m. Well, that's dinner time if I plan to have my family sit down for a meal together. I value dinner time as a family greatly. After dinner, it's clean up time, then getting bed time routines going for our two little ones. The kids are in bed by 7:30 p.m. and have the first opportunity to sit down and have a minute to spend with my husband to unwind and talk with one another about the day. Next thing I know, it's 8:30 p.m. or 9:00 p.m. and I'm exhausted and no longer have the slightest desire to make it to the gym. I still have zero desire to take this short run outside as the heat index has been over 100 for several weeks now...and if I were already a runner, maybe that would be an issue...but I'm not-hence, I joined up with the Walkers To Runners group. Wishful thinking, and yet I can't seem to get it done.

I wish I could afford to buy a treadmill and just have access to get this done anytime I want...ideally, during the children's nap times. Ugh... I really need to figure out how and when I am going to get this done.

Thank you for "listening" to my rant this morning.

Replies

• writinwater
    Options
    Hey, don't beat yourself up about it! Finding the time with kids can be tough! And this group is here to listen :)

Maybe ask your husband to watch the kids for half an hour when he gets home, while you pop out of a quick run/gym session, and put dinner on a little later? Something like that twice a week and then do the 3rd on the weekend? Or look for gyms that have daycare facilities.

And definately start dropping a bunch of hints about wanting a treadmill for your birthday/christmas/being-an-awesome-wife :)

It's hard when one of your works and the other stays home, but your health should be a priorty too!
  • Clcleeds2012
    Options
    Hi! I'm a SAHM too. Its really hard to do anything around kids!! I have found a basket ball court nearby to run in. I lock the gate and let my 18m old run about inside the court with me. It's probably a bit of a cop-out as it's totally flat and easy to run on but its the only way I can get the C25k training in. The bonus is that it is totally free!!! Now if only I can get my diet under control I'll be happy! xx
  • cstratton78
    Options
    Thank you both for your feedback and the ideas. I am writing this afternoon because I'm blown away at the opportunity that fell in my lap after my rant yesterday. I talked to my husband last night, for the umpteenth time about the frustration of our schedule and my failed attempts to have a work out schedule mapped out that I would stick to. There was A LOT more to the talk, regarding my insecurities that lead him to pray with me over it, which was so sweet and I am so honored to have a husband that will pray with me and take my hurts with me before God to ask for peace.

So, this morning-a friend of mine in my mom's group from church posted a comment on Facebook that she had a treadmill for sale, at a price I knew I could afford if I tapped into my Christmas budget *Merry Christmas to me!! and my husband too, of course* and ...shazam! I have a working treadmill now- and zero excuses about getting my c25k rolling and to stick with it :):):) YAY!!! I feel this is an answered prayer and I'm so thankful!!
  • Clcleeds2012
    Options
    Thats great news. :happy:
  • cstratton78
    Options
    Thank you :) I really do mean that your ideas were fantastic! I love that you were intuitive and found a resource that works for you! I would never have thought of that-but sure enough-I have parks just a couple of miles within my house with basketball courts and tennis courts that I could have done the same thing...I just never thought of that. Brilliant!...and I bet your little one likes to run around like mommy too :)
  • writinwater
    Options
    That is awesome! Really happy that it's all worked out for you :)

Keep us posted with your progress!!
  • jsunshine220
    jsunshine220 Posts: 109
    Options
    Wow!!! I'm a little behind reading this...but that is AWESOME!! I'm glad that it worked out for you. Stay encouraged and you will complete the journey.

J