Low Calorie, Quick & Easy Lunches to take to work

Options
Hey All,

Could you please suggest some quick & easy lunches to prepare for work...

Kerri :-)

Replies

• nishsuz
    nishsuz Posts: 55
    Options
    bump for later - need ideas too!
  • Audrey403
    Audrey403 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I usually just do a fruit salad and some yogurt or a fiber one bar. That's probably only a 200 calorie lunch. I'm open to yummy suggestions, too!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Flavoured crackers/ryvita and flavoured cream cheeses

low-cal bread and low fat cheese

flavoured cous cous/bulgar wheat

if you have a microwave, a small portion of home made soup/casserole or leftovers from dinner.

Omlettes cooked the night before and sliced into wedges.

Salads put together the night before.
  • GangaBhavani
    GangaBhavani Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Soak the chick peas overnight and then boil those.
    Step2: Cut one medium onion into small peices
    Step3:Heat 1 tablespoon of oil and then add onions and little bit of salt
    Step4: Now add boiled chickpeas and fry for 5 mins
    Step5:Your lunch is ready with more fiber
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Salads are quick to throw together. I use a base of 2 cups romaine & 1 cup spinach then go from there adding other vegies on hand. Variety means I never get bored, Add light house blue cheese crumble, a little bacon bits or cook a few slices for breakfast one morning and save a slice to add to salad, sliced tomato, slice hard boiled egg, 1/4 slice of avocado , with blue cheese dressing you got a Cobb salad Romaine,spinach, raspberries, shelled walnuts pieces or almond slices with raspberry vinaigrette dressing. Greens with Tyson pre cooked chicken strips, add other vegies you like. I make lettuce wraps turkey & tomato wrapped in lettuce or romaine. Add cheese if you like. or use pita pockets fill with tuna, lettuce, tomato. Land of frost black pepper beef with thin spread of cream cheese and roll like an appetizer, left over chicken breast, fish from dinner night before. Microwave at work. Serving for one vegies I can microwave, Love broccoli & cheese. Tuna & crackers. add sugar free pudding or jello, Nature Valley chewy protein bars in peanuts, almonds & dark chocolate, fruit berries are low calorie, cottage cheese with fruit. Hope these give you some ideas......
  • Welshie_girl
    Welshie_girl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Whole grain bread with 1 tsp of p butter and 1tsp of jelly. Greek yogurt plus apple or orange . Salad. Tuna wrap. Corn tortillas are high in fiber. Instead of mayo use avocado or guacamole and sprinkle that with garlic powder . Add tomato, lettuce onions.
  • EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    For my lunches...

I usually will make a sandwich with low cal bread, lower cal cheese, mustard and veggies...with low call special k chips on the side.
    I sometimes will bring yogurt,fruit or nuts to snack on.
    When i cook rice at home..i make extra and bring it to work with the single serve packages of salmon, tuna or sardines...also bring leftover vegetables when we cook them.
    Sometimes when we cook i will make and extra chicken, fish or hamburger to bring with me the next day.
    I sometimes bring oatmeal packages too.

San :)
  • gvroxie
    gvroxie Posts: 10
    Options
    I swear by canned tuna and canned white chicken breast (94% fat free). Mix with some fat free mayo or salad dressing, a handful of diced celery (I use the inner greenish-yellow parts and the leaves -- they have great flavor) and eat it either on double fiber wheat bread, lettuce salad... or sometimes i add in some other veggies (lightly steamed cold broccoli or cauliflower) and some cooked whole wheat penne for a great healthy pasta salad!!!
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    So - these are SUPER easy... you can increase the involvement/ingredients and get something better, but I prefer convenience. :)

Can of tuna mixed with a bit of sriracha, eat with sliced cucumber... Spicy tuna roll!
    Can of chicken mixed with a bit of Franks Red Hot and some blue cheese crumbles, use as a "dip" for celery and carrots... Buffalo wings!

Also - leftover dinner is a personal favorite. :)
  • ChasingAmyLiz
    ChasingAmyLiz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! Thanks!
  • naizzee
    Options
    tuna wrapped in lettuce leaves . so yummy ! :smile:
  • jillbeanschoop
    jillbeanschoop Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Put diced cooked chicken and salsa in a dish, pack some chopped lettuce in another dish and bring a tortilla. At lunchtime, dump the chicken, salsa and lettuce into the tortilla, wrap and enjoy.
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Lettuce, 4 oz of chicken breast, 1/2 c whole grain brown rice, 1 tbsp parmesan cheese and a little bit of dressing of choice. Keeps me full until my snack 2-3 hours later in the afternoon. Has veggies, protien & starch needed for meal #3 of the day. I usually eat 5 small meals a day.
  • vipena786
    vipena786 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love the Starkist Tuna Creations single serving 80/90 calorie pouches. The lemon pepper flavor is the best! I throw one of those in my lunch bag, along with a small salad, fruit and wheat thins. Yumm Yumm!
  • AnnaJo62
    AnnaJo62 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That's for some ideas...love them all, gonna do the chicken salsa wrap & do some tuna wraps toooo! :bigsmile:
  • cbcmonkey
    cbcmonkey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for ideas too - there are some great ones posted already.

I like to mix:
    1/2 cup beans
    1/4 cup salsa
    63g boiled chicken (or whatever amount...)

This comes out to 294 calories, 24 g carbs, 12g fat, 19g protein.

If I don't have chicken ready, I will often microwave an egg and put the beans and salsa on top. I add cilantro if I have it around. And then I also bring raw veggies.

If I feel like I need dip for my veggies, I mix fat free, plain Greek yogurt with onion soup mix and lots of pepper.
  • Joerad1
    Joerad1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Veggies lots of raw veggies.

I usually mix a quart ziplock bag of Radishes, Kohlrabi, a peeled but not sliced 1/2 cucumber, baby carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, a few pieces of small sliced Zuchini, a Roma tomato, asparagus spears. You get the idea, something with enough volume to fill up a quart bag.

I like foods with ZIp so I usually bring along something to shake on for extra flavor. A container of Mrs. Dash, a mild cajun spice mix, a flavored pepper like lemon pepper. Paul Prudhomme's Magic Seasoning, Italian seaoning, Carribean Jerk seasoning, etc etc.

For carbs I usually take along a bag of some sort of 100 calorie rite bites filled with crackers, cookies or pretzels.
  • lsorensen130
    lsorensen130 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I usually bring leftover dinner from the night before
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Leftover chicken / broccoli / brown rice from the night before.

Tuna salad / Chicken salad / Turkey sandwich.

The buffalo chicken crockpot recipe that has gone around on here has been great and has lasted me for a week before.
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    mmm thanks guys! I bring salads a lot. I will also snack on nuts, satsuma oranges, apples, peppers and carrots with light ranch dressing. A lot of times I will bring healthy leftovers from the night before too.