Anyone with 'must-run' 5Ks (or others) on their 2012 schedul

Options
Hi!
2011 was my first year ever running 5K races. While I have some 5K's that I want to do again, are there any races that are on your 'must-do for 2012' list?

Which ones, and why?

One of mine is the Thanksgiving Point 5K. I enjoyed it because there were so many people...I didn't feel so slow (lol) and the after-party was fun. All finishers get medals, as well.

Replies

• melkithall
    melkithall Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have never done a 5k yet, but I'm hoping to be ready for one in provo in april. It's called the Temple to Temple race, from provo temple to the old tabernacle site. I really want to do it for the personal accomplishment, but also because all the proceeds go to such a great cause. Hopefully, I'll be ready for it. It's getting harder to run with it getting colder out.
  • trail_turtle
    trail_turtle Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have never done a 5k yet, but I'm hoping to be ready for one in provo in april. It's called the Temple to Temple race, from provo temple to the old tabernacle site. I really want to do it for the personal accomplishment, but also because all the proceeds go to such a great cause. Hopefully, I'll be ready for it. It's getting harder to run with it getting colder out.

I saw that listed and thought it would be a great one to add to my list, too! Waiting for the website to go live to find out more about it. :)
  • themdg
    themdg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on running the "Beat the New Year" 5k at Sugarhouse Park on 12/31. You start around 11:20 or so, and try to run the 5k before midnight.